Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Children's nursing interview for university of manchester Watch

ReputationRep:
    I've been invited to go for an interview for Manchester for children's nursing and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips for it, as this is the first interview I've got. If anyone has gone for this interview or interviews for other uni's/ different nursing courses, all help will be greatly appreciated! Ps has anyone else got an interview for this course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by louise.grant98)
    I've been invited to go for an interview for Manchester for children's nursing and I was wondering if anyone could give me any tips for it, as this is the first interview I've got. If anyone has gone for this interview or interviews for other uni's/ different nursing courses, all help will be greatly appreciated! Ps has anyone else got an interview for this course?
    I need help too! i got an interview on the 1st and im scared! but good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afra_99)
    I need help too! i got an interview on the 1st and im scared! but good luck!
    Mines the 1st too! And good luck to you 😊 I'm so nervous!

ReputationRep:
    Mines the 1st too! And good luck to you 😊 I'm so nervous!
    omg what time?? mines at 8:50 arghh to early
    Btw is it mulitple mini interviews??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Afra_99)
    omg what time?? mines at 8:50 arghh to early
    Btw is it mulitple mini interviews??
    Aw no way! Mines at 3! And yeah I think so 😊

ReputationRep:
    Aw no way! Mines at 3! And yeah I think so 😊
    awww you are lucky!! tell me if you find anyone who has done the interview before.. i need help too x

ReputationRep:
    I had an interview for uni of Manchester last Friday! I found it okay - and it's 7 interviews (MMIs) but really friendly staff!
    Waiting on my offer which I was told would be from about today but hoping no news is good news!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stevie4312)
    I had an interview for uni of Manchester last Friday! I found it okay - and it's 7 interviews (MMIs) but really friendly staff!
    Waiting on my offer which I was told would be from about today but hoping no news is good news!
    oh really?? mines in two weeks and im unsure on how to prepare!, if you dont mind could you give us some tips on how you prepared for the MMI interviews?
    And was it more about personal questions like why you want to be a nurse or scenarios?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just make sure you revise 6cs, current issues and your personal questions and you'll be fine I found it relaxed and staff are so friendly

ReputationRep:
    Yeah stevie 4312 is right.i had an adult nursing interview on Tuesday so questions may be a bit different but if you have got as far as interview than the questions won't be too hard to answer.the staff are so friendly.it was the nicest interview I had by far.They said the have one more round of interviews today and then they would let us know by mid next week at the latest.ill just add that there were people there on Tuesday who were being interviewed for all fields of nursing not just adult so I imagine the time scales for offers/rejections should be similar.good luck with your interviews and here's to hoping we all get them offers!

ReputationRep:
    aw good luck!! how long was the interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jojo28j)
    Yeah stevie 4312 is right.i had an adult nursing interview on Tuesday so questions may be a bit different but if you have got as far as interview than the questions won't be too hard to answer.the staff are so friendly.it was the nicest interview I had by far.They said the have one more round of interviews today and then they would let us know by mid next week at the latest.ill just add that there were people there on Tuesday who were being interviewed for all fields of nursing not just adult so I imagine the time scales for offers/rejections should be similar.good luck with your interviews and here's to hoping we all get them offers!
    thank you! good luck with your offers

ReputationRep:
    Yeah just make sure you revise 6cs, current issues and your personal questions and you'll be fine I found it relaxed and staff are so friendly
    good luck! im sure you get in!

What type of current issues should i research about? medical or political?

ReputationRep:
    Have you heard anything yet? I applied for mental health nursing but still not heard back, I think it's taking longer than they thought.

ReputationRep:
    What type of current issues should i research about? medical or political?[/QUOTE]

I would research both to be on the safe side but don't worry too much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rach2016)
    Have you heard anything yet? I applied for mental health nursing but still not heard back, I think it's taking longer than they thought.
    Nothing 😥 Pretty sure we'll know at the end of this week at the latest.. keep me updated and good luck! ☺️

ReputationRep:
    Goood luck, it took about 3 weeks after my interview but i got a conditional offer 👍🏻👍🏻

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katiejanepaz)
    Goood luck, it took about 3 weeks after my interview but i got a conditional offer 👍🏻👍🏻
    Me too, well done!!

ReputationRep:
    Rach what did your offer say ? mines just waiting for dbs and occupational health as i have my grades already

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.