Jennifer50
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi, can someone please tell me what the medical interview structure is like at UCL, like how many interviewers there are in a room, how long they are and what sort of questions they ask etc.
Thanks
notespad
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jennifer50)
Hi, can someone please tell me what the medical interview structure is like at UCL, like how many interviewers there are in a room, how long they are and what sort of questions they ask etc.
Thanks
You should probably post this in the Medicine forum - there's a UCL thread there too where applicants chat.
Medic Mind
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Jennifer50)
Thanks
Hi there!
The Interview at UCL is a panel based interview. The interview is around 15-20 minutes, with 3 interviewers, being a clinician, academic and a layperson respectively.
It focuses on 4 main areas:

Personal Statement:
You need to verify all the claims made in your personal statement, and draw on your examples therein and expand on them i.e. expanding on the qualities gained from a work experience placement

BMAT Essay:
You'll be given a copy of your BMAT Essay 15 minutes - 1 hour beforehand. So, annotate and be prepared to discuss it!

NHS in the News/Ethical Dilemmas:
You need to know the ins and outs of the NHS, with the Health and Social Care Act, as well as current 'hot topics.'

Communication Skills:
You'll need to communicate ideas well, formulate arguments and counterarguments in an ethically justifiable manner. Express ideas clearly and coherently. Follow a reasoned argument - it's better to give spontaneous yet well thought out answers, rather than rehearsed and 'coached' responses.

Good luck with all your interviews!

Dhaval N
Medic Mind Tutor
www.interviewcourse.co.uk
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (100)
61.73%
No (62)
38.27%

Watched Threads