Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Getting into medical school event? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

I'm a first year medic, and my friends and I at Imperial were thinking of maybe holding a day event for potential medical students and going through methods and revision tips for passing the UKCAT, BMAT and interviews, and how to formulate a strong personal statement, but we were wondering if a demand for this is even there. We were also thinking of going over the general process of applying, and what work experience/extra-cullicar activities would place a candidate in a strong position, and also over what first year of medical school at Imperial is actually like. Do you guys think an event like this would be useful, or is it perhaps too early/late with regards to the admission process?

ReputationRep:
    Your medical school already runs something like this - http://www.icsmvision.co.uk/

If you are interested in getting involved, get in touch with them/the outreach team. Events like this are always very popular and there is definitely the interest in it. If you wanted to set something up which is slightly different, I would discuss it with staff at your medical school as they will have more knowledge about how you can help people with personal statements and interview practice.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.