Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Muslim friend seriously struggling to find a wife watch

1) shaadi.com

2) muslim men can marry a christian/jew/muslim. maybe he should broaden his criteria a bit.

3) Id volunteer to marry him if he fux good. k bye

go to a third world country like syria or iraq or afghanistan and bring a girl back from there. they'd all be willing as long as they can move out of their horrible countries

ReputationRep:
    no matter if he got asperger their is someone out their for him its a matter of time In Sha Allah, Single muslim is not the best site to find anyone had a bad experience on that site but I wish all the best for your friend. I am in a similar situation I have only a learning difficulty and reaching marriage age nearly finding it difficult but only when allah wills we will find the one we are looking for.

ReputationRep:
    My i know him i zm ratna from indonesiz. Maybe i can be hus friend. I am 44. But people often think me 30s

ReputationRep:
    We are at a loss to explain things...

My friend is losing count of how many times he has had positive and productive discussions with Muslim sisters on marriage sites - some of these discussions last as long as three months - before meeting them in person at a location decided by the sister. The meeting appears to go well with no obvious problematic issues or conflicts, then a day or two later the sister sends him a short message thanking him for meeting then ending with a terse statement like "sadly I think we are different in terms of personality" or "I have decided not to pursue getting to know each other" with no explanation of where the problems or the incompatibilities lie. More often than not (judging by an active profile a few months later) the sister has not found another man to marry.

My friend even covertly video recorded a meeting with a sister. It was watched by myself and a few other brothers from the mosque and nobody could find any faults or problems that justified an instant rejection without further questions or a future meeting to resolve problematic issues.

I would appreciate if anybody could shed any light on this matter as to where my friend is going wrong because things are pointing in a direction that either it's his looks (the sister has rejected him in the first five seconds of seeing him) or that he is making the same mistake time and time again in a similar parallel to a recurring mistake that causes people to persistently fail job interviews.

This information has previously been circulated within the local Muslim community but nobody has clear explanations whilst many are concerned that so many instant rejections, after months of online discussion, looks abnormal and cause for concern.

ReputationRep:
    @MiszShorTea786 something 4 u wen u return

ReputationRep:
    I have had a think about #65 and it's clearly evident that an instant rejection following a generally good meeting after three months of discussion is not just a waste of my friend's time but equally the sister's time as well. Therefore unless she has another man clearly in mind then it has to be a factor that cannot easily be resolved - like the colour of your eyes or your height - rather than one which could possibly be changed or negotiated - like where you plan to live.

My friend knows what bad meetings are as he has experienced some before where there are clear conflicts of interests, incompatibilities, or it's evident that they just don't like each other or get on. Such sisters have generally come through personal contacts rather than marriage websites.

I suspect that the phenomenon is not entirely confined to Muslims so somebody who is not Muslim may be able to offer insight.

ReputationRep:
    Assalamualaikum I did talk to your friend with a proposal for my sister who lives in bangladesh and I live here in london. Your friend never get back to me

ReputationRep:
    I discussed the issue with a non-Muslim marriage advisor. One factor that was mentioned was his height and how short men tend to find it harder to find a wife than men of average or taller than average height. My friend is quite short at only 5'6" and we have been wondering if this has not worked in his favour.

ReputationRep:
    I am looking for a white Muslim guy to marry. I am 40 year old living in London. I have a well paid job and also own my home.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 24, 2018
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.