Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Access to Nursing and Midwifery HE Course Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kaylee123)
    I have had a offer for Bangor university. Hopefully they won't just look at my grades thank you x
    Congrats honey

(Original post by nelfran29)
      Calling all Mature Students!!!

Who's done this course if so, have you applied to any universities, any issues with grades or final certificates.

Any offers for Nursing/Midwifery/ODP

Let's talk!!!

Just to also let you know, I have applied for Adult Nursing for Sept 2017!!!
      Are there any exams involved in this access course?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Blackstarr)
      Are there any exams involved in this access course?
      Normally your have a maths exam you do a couple of modules, I'm sure all the access courses the same can't remember anymore exams.

Are you doing the access now or thinking about it?

Normally your have a maths exam you do a couple of modules, I'm sure all the access courses the same can't remember anymore exams.

I am thinking about it

with the maths exam, is it part of the access course or just to test your ability to get unto the course?

How many units in total?

ReputationRep:
          I am thinking about it

with the maths exam, is it part of the access course or just to test your ability to get unto the course?
          Coming to think of it, some access courses require you to undertake a maths and English test to see what level your working at, then they decide if your working level is suitable for the course. As you already know access courses are for over 19s some people haven't been to school or college for years and this forms the foundation for progression to degree level if that makes sense.

I know the access courses have changed since I did mine years ago. But normally you would have to sit a maths exam and go through the required modules when their due. If you really want to do an access course you should have a look at your local colleges prospectus to see the course content, this should includes modules and exams, better still give them a call and see when their next open day is so you can speak to the module tutors and so on.

What are your interests if you don't mind me asking? Is nursing something you want to get into?

Coming to think of it, some access courses require you to undertake a maths and English test to see what level your working at, then they decide if your working level is suitable for the course. As you already know access courses are for over 19s some people haven't been to school or college for years and this forms the foundation for progression to degree level if that makes sense.

I know the access courses have changed since I did mine years ago. But normally you would have to sit a maths exam and go through the required modules when their due. If you really want to do an access course you should have a look at your local colleges prospectus to see the course content, this should includes modules and exams, better still give them a call and see when their next open day is so you can speak to the module tutors and so on.

What are your interests if you don't mind me asking? Is nursing something you want to get into?

I am actually 19, i have got my GCSES including English and Maths and yes, i am interested in nursing.

ReputationRep:
            I am actually 19, i have got my GCSES including English and Maths and yes, i am interested in nursing.
            Hi, Blackstarr

Do you have experience in care?

Do you have any universities in mind/ locations of course?

This is an example of what London South Bank University require for their Adult Nursing degree Sept 2017 entry, These nursing courses are subject to tuition fees of £9250 per year. So that's over £27K for 3 years

Whereas previously these courses were funded by the government (Not anymore)

Really consider the financial implications of this course, I sadly can't afford the course and have to rely on student loans for the 3 years and this will eventually have to be paid back.

2017 entry
            • A Level BCC or;
            • BTEC National Diploma DMM or;
            • Access to HE qualifications with 9 Distinctions and 36 Merits or;
            • Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 112 UCAS points.
            • Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).
            Adult Nursing - BSc (Hons) | London South Bank University

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/courses/course...rsing-bsc-hons

Hope this helps.

Hi, Blackstarr

Do you have experience in care?

Do you have any universities in mind/ locations of course?

This is an example of what London South Bank University require for their Adult Nursing degree Sept 2017 entry, These nursing courses are subject to tuition fees of £9250 per year. So that's over £27K for 3 years

Whereas previously these courses were funded by the government (Not anymore)

Really consider the financial implications of this course, I sadly can't afford the course and have to rely on student loans for the 3 years and this will eventually have to be paid back.

2017 entry
              • A Level BCC or;
              • BTEC National Diploma DMM or;
              • Access to HE qualifications with 9 Distinctions and 36 Merits or;
              • Equivalent level 3 qualifications worth 112 UCAS points.
              • Applicants must hold 5 GCSEs A-C including Maths and English or equivalent (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above).

Adult Nursing - BSc (Hons) | London South Bank University

http://www.lsbu.ac.uk/courses/course...rsing-bsc-hons

Hope this helps.
              Thanks for your reply

ReputationRep:
              Thanks for your reply
              Your very welcome

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
            Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
          • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
            Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.