Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What are the possibilities of me getting a 2:1 overall with my current grades? Watch

ReputationRep:
    As you all probably know, a psychology degree has to be 2:1 to be accredited. My grades from 2nd year are as follows: 65%, 60%, 50%, 52%, 54% , 58%, 75%, 60%, 55%, 69%, and I have received one module grade of 55% (1 of 5 modules) so far this final year. What are my chances of getting a 2:1 overall?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billy63)
    As you all probably know, a psychology degree has to be 2:1 to be accredited. My grades from 2nd year are as follows: 65%, 60%, 50%, 52%, 54% , 58%, 75%, 60%, 55%, 69%, and I have received one module grade of 55% (1 of 5 modules) so far this final year. What are my chances of getting a 2:1 overall?

How many units do you take each year, and what is their percentage of the final grade?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john2054)
    How many units do you take each year, and what is their percentage of the final grade?
    The 2nd year had 10 modules (units?) and final year has 5. I was told 25% of the overall mark comes from year 2 but I heard there are many ways it can be calculated, hence the question :-)

ReputationRep:
    By my calculations you need to get an average of 60.1% this year to get a 2:1 overall, given your existing result of 55% you'll need to get an average of 61.3% over the other modules this year though.

Basically if you're averaging 2:1s this year then you'll be okay

ReputationRep:
    You need to get a 60% average. It all hinges on these final 3rd year units. If you get some more 60+%s you can still do it. You also should find out if there is a discretionary given (so for example only a certain number of final year units are required, as it was for my degree. Good luck...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Billy63)

FYI, a 2.2 is accredited by BPS.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, a 2ii is accreditable, but the real question is do you really want to be aiming to just scrape over the line like this?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.