Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am 19 years old and a single mom of a 19 month old little boy. I have recently been offered and apprenticeship in business administration which is a big achievement for me. I still live with my parents and will be working 30 hours a week which I will be paid £102 for... am I entitled to any extra help or benefits as my bills come to £350 a month so will find it really difficult. The website says I will have to work 33 hours or more to receive extra help has anybody been in a similar position ? many thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Key97)
    I am 19 years old and a single mom of a 19 month old little boy. I have recently been offered and apprenticeship in business administration which is a big achievement for me. I still live with my parents and will be working 30 hours a week which I will be paid £102 for... am I entitled to any extra help or benefits as my bills come to £350 a month so will find it really difficult. The website says I will have to work 33 hours or more to receive extra help has anybody been in a similar position ? many thanks
    You should be able to get child benefit, child tax credit, and working tax credit, to top your income up. Look in to these....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Key97)
    Filling in this form should give you an indication as to what you're entitled to.
    http://www.entitledto.co.uk/benefits-calculator/

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.