Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Everyone in society hates each other Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GonvilleBromhead)
    Again with this weird messianic nonsense 'I hope it'll make you look at life from a different perspective'. You're not a life coach. Any statement beyond I'm presenting evidence for your consideration in this instance is excessive and this whole 'I am coming down from mount olympus to educate you' attitude is annoying.
    Calm down.

misandry
    mɪˈsandri/noun
    1. dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male sex).

Not according to the dictionary
    Stop playing semantics.......Recently laws that would see women charged with rape in 'Israel' were cancelled by two feminists one of whom was a man. This was based on the sexist premis that women cannot rape men....this act of misandry was enacted by a man. An action that promotes sexism towards men is the worst kind of misandry. Its worse than a mere feeling and your comment is great example of this ...Being a man does not absolve you of committing acts of misandry...Have a read through this feminist guide on how to train your man like a dog...written by a male feminist....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...ike-a-dog.html

You don't have to be clinically mentally impaired to commit acts of misandry whilst being a man....ignorance and/or warped ideologies are enough to turn any man into a misandrist.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Big_Jon)
    Speak for yourself. Is this just your hate list.
    no

I don't hate those people I mentioned

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Therec00)
    Rich and poor

Remainers and leavers

Skinny and fat

Young and old

Brits and Scottish Independents

Black and white

Muslims and non Muslims

Men and women (feminism)

Immigrants and non immigrants
    Holy ****, this is possibly the most ignorant post I've ever seen on TSR. The usage of "everyone", even just considering its modified meaning of "most people", simply makes me cringe.

1. Just because people don't hold the same views, doesn't mean that they hate each-other.
    2. The state of being a feminist and the state of being male are not mutually exclusive. Similarly, the state of hating feminism and the state of being female are not mutually exclusive.
    3. I get a strong "everyone is racist/sexist/otherwise" vibe here.

ReputationRep:
    Rich and poor

Remainers and leavers

Skinny and fat

Young and old

Black and white

Muslims and non Muslims

Men and women (feminism)

I hate people on the bus who sit on the outer seat despite the bus being packed, leading to people having to stand

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _gcx)
    Holy ****, this is possibly the most ignorant post I've ever seen on TSR. The usage of "everyone", even just considering its modified meaning of "most people", simply makes me cringe.

1. Just because people don't hold the same views, doesn't mean that they hate each-other.
    2. The state of being a feminist and the state of being male are not mutually exclusive. Similarly, the state of hating feminism and the state of being female are not mutually exclusive.
    3. I get a strong "everyone is racist/sexist/otherwise" vibe here.
    you win

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    Calm down.

Stop playing semantics.......Recently laws that would see women charged with rape in 'Israel' were cancelled by two feminists one of whom was a man. This was based on the sexist premis that women cannot rape men....this act of misandry was enacted by a man. An action that promotes sexism towards men is the worst kind of misandry. Its worse than a mere feeling and your comment is great example of this ...Being a man does not absolve you of committing acts of misandry...Have a read through this feminist guide on how to train your man like a dog...written by a male feminist....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/wom...ike-a-dog.html

You don't have to be clinically mentally impaired to commit acts of misandry whilst being a man....ignorance and/or warped ideologies are enough to turn any man into a misandrist.
    Stop playing semantics is your answer to not actually knowing the definition of words?

I'm like 99% sure that dude definitely hates himself.

Also at a base level he's not wrong (despite being an annoying arse) - all animals including humans are essentially psychologically the same, they can be trained to respond to certain stimuli in certain ways and this is how their behaviour is manipulated (ie laws, do as we say or have a rubbish life). I don't see anything that's in there which actually reduces men to less than human, it's basically a long winded and badly worded way of saying if you want him to do something for you, do stuff for him and be nice to him (which is literally a human constant in social interaction).

It's certainly patronising and necessary, I don't intend miscommunication in that regard - I think it's a terrible and unnecessary article but how is it promoting misandry

misandry
    mɪˈsandri/noun
    1. dislike of, contempt for, or ingrained prejudice against men (i.e. the male sex).

Where is there 'dislike of' men in that article? Or indeed 'prejudice'?

Contemptuous is a more interesting issue. Is it contempt? Is he saying men are no more than dogs? (contempt) Or is he saying these techniques are effective as evidenced by dogs and how animals (a category which humans themselves are in) are trained in general. Judging by this 'The Dog's Trust does incredible work. You can donate to them here.' He's a dog lover and so has used that similarity to express his point which is in essence don't shout at men all the time, don't irritate them in public and do stuff they want to get what you want ie social interaction in a nutshell. In my studies of psychology we used Pavlov's Dogs to make predictions about human reaction to stimuli, is this 'reducing people to the level of dogs'? I would (as did the psychological studies journal) argue it's taking a noted and well documented behavioural pattern and applying it to other similar beings.

ReputationRep:
    Stop playing semantics is your answer to not actually knowing the definition of words?

I'm like 99% sure that dude definitely hates himself.

Also at a base level he's not wrong (despite being an annoying arse) - all animals including humans are essentially psychologically the same, they can be trained to respond to certain stimuli in certain ways and this is how their behaviour is manipulated (ie laws, do as we say or have a rubbish life). I don't see anything that's in there which actually reduces men to less than human, it's basically a long winded and badly worded way of saying if you want him to do something for you, do stuff for him and be nice to him (which is literally a human constant in social interaction).

It's certainly patronising and necessary, I don't intend miscommunication in that regard - I think it's a terrible and unnecessary article but how is it promoting misandry

misandry
    mɪˈsandri/noun

Where is there 'dislike of' men in that article? Or indeed 'prejudice'?

Contemptuous is a more interesting issue. Is it contempt? Is he saying men are no more than dogs? (contempt) Or is he saying these techniques are effective as evidenced by dogs and how animals (a category which humans themselves are in) are trained in general. Judging by this 'The Dog's Trust does incredible work. You can donate to them here.' He's a dog lover and so has used that similarity to express his point which is in essence don't shout at men all the time, don't irritate them in public and do stuff they want to get what you want ie social interaction in a nutshell. In my studies of psychology we used Pavlov's Dogs to make predictions about human reaction to stimuli, is this 'reducing people to the level of dogs'? I would (as did the psychological studies journal) argue it's taking a noted and well documented behavioural pattern and applying it to other similar beings.
    Gonville, if I called you a donkey....would you tell me that I'm mistaken because you are human?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CookieButter)
    Gonville, if I called you a donkey....would you tell me that I'm mistaken because you are human?
    Oh so you're redefining words. The dictionary is wrong because you don't agree with it. I presume this is where such a pointless question leads?

tbh I'd say u wot mate and punch you (joking)

If you have a point, make it. I'm not playing stupid games.

ReputationRep:
    Oh so you're redefining words. The dictionary is wrong because you don't agree with it. I presume this is where such a pointless question leads?

tbh I'd say u wot mate and punch you (joking)

If you have a point, make it. I'm not playing stupid games.
    I think I might have given your intellectual capacity more credit than it was due.

ReputationRep:
    Rich and poor

Remainers and leavers

Skinny and fat

Young and old

Black and white

Muslims and non Muslims

Men and women (feminism)

All the hatred is great.

Hatred, and the struggle against others because of it, is the fuel for progress.

Peace does not make for strong nations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.