Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

2017 holiday destination(s)? Maga, Malia, Tenerife, Kavos or other? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Its a new year and already i'm looking forward for the summer so i can fly out again but need some advice on where to go. I've been to Zante 2015 and Ibiza 2016 and i can't wait to go out and party again. Ibiza was a last minute decision but so far one of the best. I'm thinking the only way to top it is to hit up atleast 2 different ones this year (or maybe more )

So has anyone been to any mentioned above recently and can maybe weigh in with some advice on deals, atmosphere and what would be your order of destinations? What about places like Algarve, Albufeira and such? Am i missing out on less known places that will be a blast?

Plus i wanted to know if there is any substance to the news surrounding Maga and the drinking ban? is it really on full effect?

ReputationRep:
    I went to Albuferia last year for my first holiday and had a brilliant time! It was quiet during the day but I think it depends on where you stay and what you choose to do. We just mainly stayed near to the hotel. The nightlife was great, not as busy as Maga but we went start of June. Very cheap too. Looking at Tenerife or kavos for this year

ReputationRep:
    I've been Ayia Napa 3 times and Malia twice. Both amazing places to go especially if you want a party holiday. Ayia Napa would be my first choice, it's a lot cheaper when you're there than Malia although Malia as a holiday is a lot cheaper to book, they weigh each other out on costs. Things to do and clubs wise, Napa is a lot bigger and better!
    Hope this has helped! And if you're looking for a travel buddy, hmu. My friends are being boring this year. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Iv been to all places you have mentioned except Tenerife. Tbh if you have been to Ibiza and loved it then I wouldn't change and would go there again because it offers more than all the other places in terms of superclubs, pool parties etc

Malia has lost a lot of popularity over the past two years. Worked a season there in 2014 and was back in August 2016 and couldn't believe how downhill it has went. Zante seems to be the king of the Greek resorts atm. Ayia Napa seems to be getting very popular again.

If your looking for somewhere different then definitely consider Croatia. It has exploded in the last few years and places like Split and Hvar offer shall we say a more authentic party experience

Hope I have been of some assistance.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 1, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.