Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Should I or shouldn't I ask him out? HELP! Watch

Okay so first, a bit of background. First thing is first- I'm gay. Now that's out of the way I can ask you guys's advice!

So I started Uni in September and have made a fantastic group of friends that we all really get on in. We are always chilling together, going to clubs together etc. etc. There is one guy in the group who I have really grown to like and over christmas he- to use his phrase- "matched someone on tinder" he "potentially might start seeing". This gutted me because i've never told him how I feel about him, and i'm thinking maybe I should before things get serious between them?

I dunno whether to ask the person in the group who speaks to him most whether or not she reckons he'd go out with me/ likes me to double check before telling him anything so I can preserve the group rapport without making it awkward between everyone by just asking him outright and getting rejected.

I should mention he is unequivocally gay too! I'm in quite the pickle! Any help/ suggestions?
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    When it comes to a friendship group you should be careful, I've been there before and it has affected things in the past. I suggest testing the waters a bit, perhaps a flirt a little with him and see how he takes it, then keep doing it to get an idea on how he sees you. If you get good vibes from him then ask him out, but only when you're sure.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.