Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I just received my conditional offer to MArch in Plymouth and I missed my academic condition by 0.08 gpa points. I've just emailed them to reconsider but how likely is it that I would still get it? I really want this course, its has the same focus of design that I want to pursue.

EDIT: Just to add on, I'm an international student, if that makes any difference.
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by celineteez)
    I just received my conditional offer to MArch in Plymouth and I missed my academic condition by 0.08 gpa points. I've just emailed them to reconsider but how likely is it that I would still get it? I really want this course, its has the same focus of design that I want to pursue.

EDIT: Just to add on, I'm an international student, if that makes any difference.
    It depends how well everyone else does. If everyone meets their offer, the uni won't have spaces left over for applicants who didn't meet their offer. But if they do have spaces left, you weren't far off your offer so may be quite likely to get in.

ReputationRep:
    im at plymouth, dont worry most likely you will get in. i missed by grades as well and was still accepted, so did most of my friends at the uni. plus youre international so more likely to still offer you a place as you theyll earn more money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iahmad888)
    im at plymouth, dont worry most likely you will get in. i missed by grades as well and was still accepted, so did most of my friends at the uni. plus youre international so more likely to still offer you a place as you theyll earn more money.
    Even for the Masters' programs? I heard they only take in 25-28 students each year. How should I approach it though, should I email them and tell them and beg or I mean, what's the process?

ReputationRep:
    unless you had extenuating circumstances which they are unaware of there isnt really much they would be able to do. however it would not hurt to email them they might be able to indicate whether they have been lenient in the past. i believe the email is [email protected] for the programme leader on the 2 year MArch course.

In my experience they generally are lenient but not much you can do apart from wait and hope.

wish you the best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    you have to remember not everyone will accept them as their first choice so places are likely to open be leftover.

edit: have a post before this one which is being checked by moderation team might take a while to show up

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Plymouth University resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.