The Student Room Group

Elderly woman removed from plane for criticising Trump

Edit: Sorry, wrong thread
(edited 6 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mathemagicien
Despite being on her way home and her mother-in-law passing away, the airline removed a passenger simply for criticising 'President' Trump.

Unbelievable. The US is turning into 1984.

Just look at how the airline employees treated her. Patronising. Unempathetic.

This is what the man she was insulting posted:-

Just had the craziest experience ever on an airplane:

I'm boarding my flight from Baltimore to Seattle and approach my seat. I had an upgraded seat that I paid a little extra for because of the long 6 hour flight. As I approach my row I smile and motion to the husband and wife sitting in the aisle and middle seat that my seat was next to the window. I put my backpack in the overhead and the wife with a very stern voice says to me:

"Did you come here to cheer or to protest?"

"I came here to celebrate democracy ma'am"

... I knew this was going to be a long flight at this point. She then proceeded with: (somewhat paraphrased as my memory allows)

Her: "You put a crazed man in charge of the nuclear codes! You should be ashamed!"

Me: 'Well we're all entitled to our opinions here ma'am."

Her: "And I'm entitled to get drunk and puke in your lap! I'm going to throw up right in your lap! You make me sick! Don't talk to me! Don't look at me! Don't you dare even put your arm on that rest. You disgust me! You should be ashamed of yourself! You put a maniac's finger on the button" (assuming she's means nukes). You are a bigot. You should get off this plane!"

Me: "ma'am, by definition, bigotry is disparaging someone prior to knowing them simply by their beliefs and opinions. Thank you for being the very thing you preach against."

She the proceeded with other various rantings such as my lack of critical thinking and other insults. Finally a flight attendant came over as you will see in the video followed by a supervisor informing that she would have to deboard the plane per captains orders.

After much fuss, airport police came and removed her from the plane. The lady across from me filmed that and was gracious to sent it to me. Many others around me defended me insisting the lady had caused all the commotion and was verbally assaulting not just me but others wearing various Trump apparel boarding the plane.

As the lady was removed I saw that I was surrounded by blacks, Latinos, Asians, and whites, all who had chimed in asking her to be removed and who had defended me. I was touched and moved knowing later that not all these people were trump supporters. The black man who took the seat next to me was a registered Democrat and he and I had a very good discussion about the beauty of free speech and coming together when people insult and commit acts of violence just for having differing views.

It truly was a great demonstration of AMERICA and its people coming together and standing up for one another. Hope you enjoy.

Frankly, if I had been on the plane I would want her removed as well. A 6 hour flight while a woman is insulting another passenger is not a pleasant experience.
Despite being on her way home and her mother-in-law passing away, the airline removed a passenger simply for criticising 'President' Trump.

[video="youtube;ZwG-kDXk1sk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwG-kDXk1sk[/video]

Wow, I don't even know what to say.
Original post by nulli tertius
This is what the man she was insulting posted:-

Just had the craziest experience ever on an airplane:

I'm boarding my flight from Baltimore to Seattle and approach my seat. I had an upgraded seat that I paid a little extra for because of the long 6 hour flight. As I approach my row I smile and motion to the husband and wife sitting in the aisle and middle seat that my seat was next to the window. I put my backpack in the overhead and the wife with a very stern voice says to me:

"Did you come here to cheer or to protest?"

"I came here to celebrate democracy ma'am"

... I knew this was going to be a long flight at this point. She then proceeded with: (somewhat paraphrased as my memory allows)

Her: "You put a crazed man in charge of the nuclear codes! You should be ashamed!"

Me: 'Well we're all entitled to our opinions here ma'am."

Her: "And I'm entitled to get drunk and puke in your lap! I'm going to throw up right in your lap! You make me sick! Don't talk to me! Don't look at me! Don't you dare even put your arm on that rest. You disgust me! You should be ashamed of yourself! You put a maniac's finger on the button" (assuming she's means nukes). You are a bigot. You should get off this plane!"

Me: "ma'am, by definition, bigotry is disparaging someone prior to knowing them simply by their beliefs and opinions. Thank you for being the very thing you preach against."

She the proceeded with other various rantings such as my lack of critical thinking and other insults. Finally a flight attendant came over as you will see in the video followed by a supervisor informing that she would have to deboard the plane per captains orders.

After much fuss, airport police came and removed her from the plane. The lady across from me filmed that and was gracious to sent it to me. Many others around me defended me insisting the lady had caused all the commotion and was verbally assaulting not just me but others wearing various Trump apparel boarding the plane.

As the lady was removed I saw that I was surrounded by blacks, Latinos, Asians, and whites, all who had chimed in asking her to be removed and who had defended me. I was touched and moved knowing later that not all these people were trump supporters. The black man who took the seat next to me was a registered Democrat and he and I had a very good discussion about the beauty of free speech and coming together when people insult and commit acts of violence just for having differing views.

It truly was a great demonstration of AMERICA and its people coming together and standing up for one another. Hope you enjoy.

You caught all that from the video?
Original post by s.mehmood
You caught all that from the video?

No, that is a quotation from a newspaper website of a post the victim later made on facebook.
No, that is a quotation from a newspaper website of a post the victim later made on facebook.

Ohh ok, I thought you got that from the video.
She was not removed for criticising Trump FFS. She was removed because she presented a risk during the flight of creating a confrontation with the flight crew and other passengers that could easily have escalated to an unsafe situation endangering the whole flight.
Original post by uberteknik
She was not removed for criticising Trump FFS. She was removed because she presented a risk during the flight of creating a confrontation with the flight crew and other passengers that could easily have escalated to an unsafe situation endangering the whole flight.

This.
Seems like she was complaining to the cabin crew about having to sit next to those people and after talking to the stewardess she turns round and tries to restart an argument with them about global warming and gravity.

When you get on a plane you're going to be crammed in tightly and uncomfortably with a lot of other people for probably several hours with no possibility of getting out early... best thing to do is for everyone to just relax and mind your own goshdarned business till it's over. It's not a place for political debates or forcing a captive audience to listen to your free speech.

I don't even like trump, but I don't want to be trapped on a plane anywhere near someone who won't shut up about how awful he is for several hours either - tbh if I'd been on that flight I'd have been glad to see her kicked out.

When are you going to stop with your ridiculous exaggerations?

She was removed for being disorderly and hostile to another passenger, that warrants being removed from the plane.
When you make a thread based off #HateTrump, but instead the replies backfires
You're taking something seriously... that was in a newspaper...?
Where's Len Goodman's contribution to this thread?
Reply 13
Lol, now that's what you call a misleading OP and title :lol:
As an ex-flight attendant I can assure you that kicking her of the plane was not politically motivated. Those flight attendants just don't want to deal with a loud and obnoxious woman for the duration of the flight. People can be refused for basically anything that presents a risk for the aircraft, crew, passengers or timetable. They did the right thing, and I would do the same even though I despise Trump.
it clearly wasn't what she was saying, it was the fact that she was deliberately trying to fight with people on a plane...
Reply 16

[video="youtube;ZwG-kDXk1sk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwG-kDXk1sk[/video]

Come on, you are smarter than this. She was removed for being a disruptive and obnoxious old bint. Not for criticising Trump.
Kick up a fuss on a plane while at the gate, expect to be kicked off

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
Original post by uberteknik

agreed. i'm no fan of Trump myself but she wasn't thrown off the plane for having an opinion, she was thrown off for verbally abusing another passenger.
Honestly, Mathemagicien, I don't know if you are a troll, a poe, a master of sarcasm, or somebody with a split personality disorder.

I'm having a hard time figuring you out, man.

Quick Reply

Latest