Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

where is the "photo library"? on iPhone/iCloud - taking up pretty much all of the GB Watch

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    hey!

I've been having trouble with iphone space on my phone (32gb) I've checked my storage settings and it appears most my storage is being used up in the Photo Library

in the manage section on Photos it says

16.55gb used in photo library
    457 mb used My Photo Stream
    4kb used in shared photo stream

My photo stream I know is the photo app on my iphone I''ve deleted all the photos I can delete - checked the deleted photos and deleted them also so there's nothing in the "recently deleted.

Problem is:

I can't find the photo library! I need to delete that nearly 17 gb the photos library aren't on my iPhone so where is it?
    are they synced or something? how do I acces it.

HELP! !!
    Thank you.

(all the ither apps on my phone take up less than 900mb)
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    hey!

I've been having trouble with iphone space on my phone (32gb) I've checked my storage settings and it appears most my storage is being used up in the Photo Library

in the manage section on Photos it says

16.55gb used in photo library
    457 mb used My Photo Stream
    4kb used in shared photo stream

My photo stream I know is the photo app on my iphone I''ve deleted all the photos I can delete - checked the deleted photos and deleted them also so there's nothing in the "recently deleted.

Problem is:

I can't find the photo library! I need to delete that nearly 17 gb the photos library aren't on my iPhone so where is it?
    are they synced or something? how do I acces it.

HELP! !!
    Thank you.

(all the ither apps on my phone take up less than 900mb)
    does it come up with the manage storage button under general settings> storage and iphone usage

ReputationRep:
    Once you delete a image go to albums. Then scroll down. You'll see recently deleted. Select the images then delete them again.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the replies

so it is possible that the entire built in Photo app takes up 17gb? and that it isn't synced up to anything Apple? (I don't believe I've synced anything)

(Original post by claireestelle)
    does it come up with the manage storage button under general settings> storage and iphone usage
    yes it does - the top one says it takes up nearly 17gb ( - its like the storage has disappeared completely unless its for the entire app

(Original post by saraxh)
    Once you delete a image go to albums. Then scroll down. You'll see recently deleted. Select the images then delete them again.
    thing is I've checked that at there is definitely no pictures that have been recently deleted, made sure of that before I posted this thread,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bizzy_penguin)
    thanks for the replies

so it is possible that the entire built in Photo app takes up 17gb? and that it isn't synced up to anything Apple? (I don't believe I've synced anything)

yes it does - the top one says it takes up nearly 17gb ( - its like the storage has disappeared completely unless its for the entire app

thing is I've checked that at there is definitely no pictures that have been recently deleted, made sure of that before I posted this thread,
    Wait a while then check if it's back to normal. You could try deleting a few apps.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Wait a while then check if it's back to normal. You could try deleting a few apps.
    Yes, I think I will try uploading a load of photos to my Microsoft Photo app on my laptop and then delete them on my phone hoping that will work

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered mobile phones threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.