where is the "photo library"? on iPhone/iCloud - taking up pretty much all of the GB

Watch
Chronoscope
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
hey!

I've been having trouble with iphone space on my phone (32gb) I've checked my storage settings and it appears most my storage is being used up in the Photo Library

in the manage section on Photos it says

16.55gb used in photo library
457 mb used My Photo Stream
4kb used in shared photo stream

My photo stream I know is the photo app on my iphone I''ve deleted all the photos I can delete - checked the deleted photos and deleted them also so there's nothing in the "recently deleted.

Problem is:

I can't find the photo library! I need to delete that nearly 17 gb the photos library aren't on my iPhone so where is it?
are they synced or something? how do I acces it.

HELP! !!
Thank you.

(all the ither apps on my phone take up less than 900mb)
claireestelle
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bizzy_penguin)
hey!

I've been having trouble with iphone space on my phone (32gb) I've checked my storage settings and it appears most my storage is being used up in the Photo Library

in the manage section on Photos it says

16.55gb used in photo library
457 mb used My Photo Stream
4kb used in shared photo stream

My photo stream I know is the photo app on my iphone I''ve deleted all the photos I can delete - checked the deleted photos and deleted them also so there's nothing in the "recently deleted.

Problem is:

I can't find the photo library! I need to delete that nearly 17 gb the photos library aren't on my iPhone so where is it?
are they synced or something? how do I acces it.

HELP! !!
Thank you.

(all the ither apps on my phone take up less than 900mb)
does it come up with the manage storage button under general settings> storage and iphone usage
username2705335
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Once you delete a image go to albums. Then scroll down. You'll see recently deleted. Select the images then delete them again.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
thanks for the replies

so it is possible that the entire built in Photo app takes up 17gb? and that it isn't synced up to anything Apple? (I don't believe I've synced anything)

(Original post by claireestelle)
does it come up with the manage storage button under general settings> storage and iphone usage
yes it does - the top one says it takes up nearly 17gb ( - its like the storage has disappeared completely unless its for the entire app

(Original post by saraxh)
Once you delete a image go to albums. Then scroll down. You'll see recently deleted. Select the images then delete them again.
thing is I've checked that at there is definitely no pictures that have been recently deleted, made sure of that before I posted this thread,
username2705335
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bizzy_penguin)
thanks for the replies

so it is possible that the entire built in Photo app takes up 17gb? and that it isn't synced up to anything Apple? (I don't believe I've synced anything)

yes it does - the top one says it takes up nearly 17gb ( - its like the storage has disappeared completely unless its for the entire app

thing is I've checked that at there is definitely no pictures that have been recently deleted, made sure of that before I posted this thread,
Wait a while then check if it's back to normal. You could try deleting a few apps.
Chronoscope
Rep:
?
(Original post by saraxh)
Wait a while then check if it's back to normal. You could try deleting a few apps.
Yes, I think I will try uploading a load of photos to my Microsoft Photo app on my laptop and then delete them on my phone hoping that will work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (209)
57.26%
I don't have everything I need (156)
42.74%

Watched Threads