Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Will Oxford students start receiving London loan rates?

After reading this http://thetab.com/uk/brookes/2016/04...on-loans-11288 I was wondering whether 2017 uni entrants in Oxford would receive the same maintenance fees as London students? If this is change is happening, where could I find details of it on the student finance website? (I couldn't find details of the change anywhere!) Many Thanks
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Hi Ccollege

We have no information on this changing at present. The London rate is based on: An institution which requires attendance at a site wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District

Thanks
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ccollege)
    Will Oxford students start receiving London loan rates?

After reading this http://thetab.com/uk/brookes/2016/04...on-loans-11288 I was wondering whether 2017 uni entrants in Oxford would receive the same maintenance fees as London students? If this is change is happening, where could I find details of it on the student finance website? (I couldn't find details of the change anywhere!) Many Thanks
    (Original post by Pamela SFE)
    Hi Ccollege

We have no information on this changing at present. The London rate is based on: An institution which requires attendance at a site wholly or partly within the area comprising the City of London and the former Metropolitan Police District

Thanks
    From the article:
    "You will all receive emails today, April 1st, to fully explain how this will affect you and your loan personally."

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.