The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Scroll to see replies

I'm interested but as I'll be coming from Stockton I don't know. Plus I don't like planning for things when I have no idea what my schedule will be like. So I'll let you know nearer the time.
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
elyim
I'm interested but as I'll be coming from Stockton I don't know. Plus I don't like planning for things when I have no idea what my schedule will be like. So I'll let you know nearer the time.

Aww, okay. I hope you can make it!
Reply 22
Seems like it's going to be a good night!
Reply 23
I'll teach you to dance Sean, if we go to oo-oo-oodio.

This is a good thread LG, nice work!! Though you must now keep discussions vibrant until the grand old day.

I will almost certainly attend. I love the meetups we had. When they were good, they were ****ing epic. I can tell a whole load of new people now about how science should not be a practical subject.

I'm wetting myself already!

And yes, new inn. Good idea.
Reply 24
Are there any decent BBQ area's around? Maybe that's something to consider.
Reply 25
:biggrin: ahhhh, the TSR BBQ
Reply 26
wooooo, that reminds me of Klute last term when they had that very meaty BBQ, we were fans of the chef, who couldn't speak very much english, but we still had posing photos with him.
I suspect I will show up at some point. Obviously it depends if I have anything else over the top of it.
Reply 28
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Sorry

If you manage to get half of the freshers on your list to this meetup, I will personally congratulate you, for getting FRESHERS away from their new-found university mates on the evening of the freshers ball (whether they're going or not!) will be a task and a half...and then another 4 tasks!!

It's not to put you down, but I can't see many freshers turning up to meet unknown people when they are only just making friends :smile:
He speaks the truth!! Thinking about it, you're probably right. It would make more sense to do it later on in the year when we've settled in.
Reply 30
Right, I'm up for the challenge!
*prepares to get some rope and drag a few people along if need be*

I see it as I've sort of made friends on TSR first. And thought of it in advance so will just be going with that I've got something planned.

Anyway for me I'm quite used to having several different groups of friends.
Reply 31
I made several very good uni friends through TSR, who I still speak to when I see, regardless of whether its at a meetup or whatever, because they are sound likeminded people who are interesting like any other students. I came to the first TSR meet sorted in my first year and didn't look back.
Well, if you guys will all agree to go then so will I! I just imagined a scenario where everyone will agree to go and then no-one turns up because they've all found new friends.
Reply 33
Whatever is best for you freshers, I don't think the meetup should encroach on the fresher's week unless you guys want it to.
Housemates and I are planning to get all our fresher kids together for a houseparty shindig, but not till after fresher's week, for the same reason; don't want them to miss out on anything. And if none of our kids turn up.....well we'll just get wasted anyway.
Reply 34
Ah, go on then, add me to the list. I'll try to be there but I have trouble planning what I'm doing tomorrow let alone 5 weeks time.

Good point about freshers though, you do tend to cling to your college friends for much of the first term. And contrary to popular belief, the Freshers Ball is actually alright. Well, I thought so anyway.
Reply 35
I'm sure I'll be so swampe din geography work that I won't be able to make it. Oh, wait, I do geography so that'll never happen. I'll meander along if it's going on.
Reply 36
I will be there. :smile:
I'm in!
Argh Danny the ticker in your sig scared me... I didn't realise it was so soon! I mean, 19 days somehow sounds sooner than 3 weeks. Maybe that's because it is... :confused:
Lol! It is actually really quite soon, but then when I think it's not till the 29th it seems ages away! It also doesn't help that most of my mates have left for uni already!

Latest