Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So I have this OCD where I can't have anything, and I mean NOTHING uncessary lying around in my apartmant.
    So for instance I live alone and I don't have a gf at the moment so I keep only 1 fork, 1 spoon etc.
    I have exactly 7 shirts and exactly 7 pants and 7 underwear and 7 pairs of socks, fir each day of the week, because I do my laundry once a week.
    I have 1 towel, 1 set of linens, 1 tooth brush and so on.

Is this crazy?.
    I can't control it.
    I have the urge to immediately get rid of anything unecesarry.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds ruthlessly efficient

ReputationRep:
    yes it is now let me go back to school

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    Sounds ruthlessly efficient
    Yeah, that's how I like it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presetek)
    Yeah, that's how I like it.
    Yeah i bet it is you bad boi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Presetek)
    I have exactly 7 shirts and exactly 7 pants and 7 underwear and 7 pairs of socks, fir each day of the week, because I do my laundry once a week.
    ...unecesarry.
    Your CDO (alphabetical, like it should be) obviously doesn't extend to your spellings.

Unless you do your laundry naked, you must do it every six days.

ReputationRep:
    It does seem a bit extreme, yes. How long have you been like this? Thinking long term, something like this could be a major issue if a partner wanted to live with you. How would you cope with all their "stuff"? I would say, if you think it would affect or stop you from having relationships/children one day you need to deal with this issue. Good luck.

The opposite of hoarding. Know any hoarders?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2017
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.