The Student Room Group

Nursing Entrance exam 2017

Hi! can someone tell me if the day of your nursing interview you have the nursing maths test on the same day?
Also, what are they type of maths and English questions will be like please?
Reply 1
Hi,
This varies from each university. Some universities do it over two days, if you pass the literacy/numeracy they invite you back for the interview or others have the interview afterwards if you pass the literacy/numeracy. The format of the day really does depend.
The questions also varies from each universities. some have multiple choice for each some have calculator or non calculator, some may have a question for you to answer some may have you pick apart writing so it really does all depend!
I'd recommend researching into each individual uni, it should say on their website somewhere or give some practice papers. Revive gcse maths and english just to brush over your skills :smile:
I hope this helps! x
Reply 2
Thank you very much!
What happens if I do really well on the literacy one but not so good on the mathematics one? are my chances of getting onto the course nill?

Thank you again!
Reply 3
Original post by Dannie0
Hi,
This varies from each university. Some universities do it over two days, if you pass the literacy/numeracy they invite you back for the interview or others have the interview afterwards if you pass the literacy/numeracy. The format of the day really does depend.
The questions also varies from each universities. some have multiple choice for each some have calculator or non calculator, some may have a question for you to answer some may have you pick apart writing so it really does all depend!
I'd recommend researching into each individual uni, it should say on their website somewhere or give some practice papers. Revive gcse maths and english just to brush over your skills :smile:
I hope this helps! x

Thank you so much!
If I do well on the literacy one but not so well on the maths one, are my chances getting onto the course less?

Thank you again!
Reply 4
Original post by synthia77
Thank you so much!
If I do well on the literacy one but not so well on the maths one, are my chances getting onto the course less?

Thank you again!

They won't offer you an interview unless you pass both, each pass rate is different for each university :smile:
Hope this helps!
Reply 5
Hi guys
I have an interview for adult nursing at Hertfordshire. I very nervous because I don't know what to expect.heard there will be a maths and english test, 20 minutes each then the interview after. What is contained in the maths and english test and what types of questions are asked? Can anyone please brief about the maths and English and the group and one to one interview. I will really appreciate it.

Quick Reply

Latest