Suspected ear infection

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I have had an issue with my ear for the past week or so which i suspect is an ear infection (probably fungal). Symptoms include some irritation, mostly clear discharge and a nasty smell from inside the ear. I'm not sure what you're meant to do about ear infections and I think I tend to be a bit trigger happy in seeing doctors so i've been holding off, but my ear has now been blocked since last night (I think maybe trapped fluid) so I want to sort it and make sure it doesn't get worse.

So anyway is this a buy some eardrops thing, talk to a pharmacist thing or call a doctor thing? Thanks.
habeas.corpus
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Talk to a pharmacist first to see if they can give you anything. They might suggest you visit your GP.

This is the procedure you should take when you have a minor ailment. Visit the pharmacist first and see your GP if the issue doesn't clear up.
paulkonchesky
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have had an issue with ear for the past week or so which i suspect is an ear infection (probably fungal). Symptoms include some irritation, mostly clear discharge and a nasty smell from inside the ear. I'm not sure what you're meant to do about ear infections and I think I tend to be a bit trigger happy in seeing doctors so i've been holding off, but my ear has now been blocked since last night (I think maybe trapped fluid) so I want to sort it and make sure it doesn't get worse.

So anyway is this a buy some eardrops thing, talk to a pharmacist thing or call a doctor thing? Thanks.
urghhhh, thats absolutely disgusting, what kind of human being have you become, see a doctor straight away, you'll end up like a bottom feeder...
Good grief

Yours Faithfully,
Paul
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (151)
14.44%
I'm not sure (46)
4.4%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (312)
29.83%
I have already dropped out (27)
2.58%
I'm not a current university student (510)
48.76%

Watched Threads