The Student Room Group

Transferring Unis and CAT Points

Hello All,

So I am currently in my second year at my Uni and am currently considering moving back home and starting the second year again. The only problem is, is that I failed a module in the first year and have failed it again this year (I've also not been able to do full 120 CAT credits this year). I wanted to know if, If I have passed at least 120 credits over two years, would I be able to use that to transfer to a different university and start in second year?

Many Thanks

(Sorry if wrong area)
Reply 1
Original post by Jayvp
Hello All,

So I am currently in my second year at my Uni and am currently considering moving back home and starting the second year again. The only problem is, is that I failed a module in the first year and have failed it again this year (I've also not been able to do full 120 CAT credits this year). I wanted to know if, If I have passed at least 120 credits over two years, would I be able to use that to transfer to a different university and start in second year?

Many Thanks

(Sorry if wrong area)

It would depend on the uni you're hoping to transfer to. It would be unlikely, as you haven't passed all of the first year - but the new uni may feel that the 2nd year modules are more relevant to the type of modules they cover in the first year. You would need to contact the new uni and ask.

Quick Reply

Latest