Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Very Important Poster

I wouldnt if I could. It sounds awkward enjoy. Am sure you can save yourself.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=DMS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conceited)
    Reply to it a day late or something and write 'I was on a date - sorry for the late reply'.
    Wouldn't work on me. I'd ask how it went and whether she has found mr muscle yet

Plus it says 'I'm available and looking'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    I wouldnt if I could. It sounds awkward enjoy. Am sure you can save yourself.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=DMS
    Omg. DMs = Direct messages lol

ReputationRep:
    Making a thread laughing about this is the height of immaturity, if a girl I didn't like tried to flirt with my, my first thought would not be to laugh about it with my guy friends, my second thought certainly would not be to make a thread about it on TSR. You're showing a distinct lack of class here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    Making a thread laughing about this is the height of immaturity, if a girl I didn't like tried to flirt with my, my first thought would not be to laugh about it with my guy friends, my second thought certainly would not be to make a thread about it on TSR. You're showing a distinct lack of class here.
    Where did I say I was laughing? I didn't laugh. I just said it was really awkward.

No, I was asking for advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saraxh)
    Where did I say I was laughing? I didn't laugh. I just said it was really awkward.

No, I was asking for advice.
    What exactly do you need help with? What is your desired outcome of the pickle you find yourself in? If a guy came up to you in person expressing interest, and you didn't want want to reciprocate that interest, you would address it there and then. Why would it be any different online?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    What exactly do you need help with? What is your desired outcome of the pickle you find yourself in? If a guy came up to you in person expressing interest, and you didn't want want to reciprocate that interest, you would address it there and then. Why would it be any different online?
    I was asking for advice on what to do because I don't like them like that.

Personally, I've never experienced that in person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hezzlington)
    It's cruel and childish attention seeking at the expense of another. There is no advice to be given aside from, be honest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by l'etranger)
    It's cruel and childish attention seeking at the expense of another. There is no advice to be given aside from, be honest.
    Please tell me how am I attention seeking? I'm not the type of person who's really blunt as you can see.

Also you haven't answered my question above.

ReputationRep:
    So you decide to create a thread on TSR to get an ego boost?

"save me" like you are so helpless. Block him then and stop looking for compliments.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by am yisrael chai)
    So you decide to create a thread on TSR to get an ego boost?

"save me" like you are so helpless. Block him then and stop looking for compliments.
    No, I was genuinely asking for advice.

Ok. Please tell me how am I fishing for compliments?

ReputationRep:
    No, I was genuinely asking for advice.

Ok. Please tell me how am I fishing for compliments?
    "save me"
    "Please no. This is too awkward. "

Sure looks like you're looking for advice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by am yisrael chai)
    "save me"
    "Please no. This is too awkward. "

Sure looks like you're looking for advice.
    Do you want me to rephrase what I said?

ReputationRep:
    Do you want me to rephrase what I said?
    Well I'll give you advice anyway.

1. Block him

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.