Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Failed again :( Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just failed my driving test narrowly for the 3rd time. For all tests i've had 1 minor and 1 major and i simply cannot pass.
    Has anyone got any words of advice and/or comfort. I feel like crying and i'm so depressed right now

ReputationRep:
    You can do it! don't give up

ReputationRep:
    What did you fail on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by coldplasma)
    What did you fail on?
    When he asked me to pull over I couldn't find a space that was safe. There was a few but I missed them. He was a harsh examiner and failed me on that alone and I said it wasn't unsafe to carry on. Seemed really harsh since other than that my drive was perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Junaid12)
    When he asked me to pull over I couldn't find a space that was safe. There was a few but I missed them. He was a harsh examiner and failed me on that alone and I said it wasn't unsafe to carry on. Seemed really harsh since other than that my drive was perfect
    Why couldn't you find a space that was safe? Did he fail you for pulling up somewhere that isn't safe? He just wants you to pull up anywhere on a straight that isn't a driveway.

ReputationRep:
    Some people are just not meant to be on the road

Sorry kid

ReputationRep:
    It seems like you're just failing on little things which can easily be resolved.

There's no sense in dwelling on what happened now because it's done. All you can do is learn from it, and book in for your next test.

What has your instructor said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CleverLilViper)
    It seems like you're just failing on little things which can easily be resolved.

There's no sense in dwelling on what happened now because it's done. All you can do is learn from it, and book in for your next test.

What has your instructor said?
    Thanks mate, Appreciate the kind words. And yeah the instructor said to book it in ASAP. Which i have done. But i've left a month wait so I can have a few lessons to improve and gain confidence. My last tests were within 2 weeks of each other. so Hopefully it goes well

ReputationRep:
    Thanks mate, Appreciate the kind words. And yeah the instructor said to book it in ASAP. Which i have done. But i've left a month wait so I can have a few lessons to improve and gain confidence. My last tests were within 2 weeks of each other. so Hopefully it goes well
    That's £150 on tests so far...

ReputationRep:
    If you don't feel it's safe to pull up and park then don't. Just tell the examiner why you're not doing it. He won't fail you for that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cbreef)
    That's £150 on tests so far...
    Soo...?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just failed my driving test narrowly for the 3rd time. For all tests i've had 1 minor and 1 major and i simply cannot pass.
    Has anyone got any words of advice and/or comfort. I feel like crying and i'm so depressed right now
    You'll get there, you just need to practice on the things you seem to mess up on. If it's nerves that are getting in the way, then maybe pretend that the test is a lesson, but you need to do really well, or pretend the examiner is your instructor !

Good luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What category on the report form was the serious fault recorded?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.