Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi guys need advice quick so please help and give me advice, so basically am studying certicate of higher education in IT with open university part time I've sent off the letter from student finance confirming all this just the other day. After speaking to my parents they've advised me to change it to full time as they want me to focus on this course and get into uni ASAP plus they said I'll be entitled to grant if I'm low on income (I'm I correct on this?). So what can I do have I left it too late?. Please give me some advice

    If you're a February start, I'd contact student services and finance immediately, but it's certainly possible that it will be too late.
    As for entitlement to grants, I'm assuming you mean a maintenance grant or loan? If so, they aren't currently (in Scotland, not sure about elsewhere) to Open Uni students, because all Open Uni work (even if you're studying 120 credits) is considered "part time" by SAAS. If you aren't sure, I'd check out the website for your student finance organisation since they usually have information on eligibility.
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.