A new FREE interactive teaching resource for students aged 11-14 from the UK Parliament’s Education Service explores the first mass petition of 1866 calling for women's right to vote, through video, audio and interactive activities.
- Develops students' source analysis and critical thinking skills
- Provides local history focus with downloadable worksheets for each UK region
- Teaches concepts relating to ideas and political power in 19th century Britain, and key challenges for the country since 1901
- Serves as an excellent introduction to cross-curricular teaching about the women’s suffrage movement
To explore the resource and download worksheets for each UK region, visit http://www.teach1866petition.com.
Turn on thread page Beta
FREE UK Parliament resource on Votes for Women watch
Official House of Commons
- 9 followers
- 10 badges
- Send a private message to Official House of Commons
- Official Rep
- Thread Starter
Last edited by Official House of Commons; 24-01-2017 at 15:13.
- 24-01-2017 15:06