Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    are they? don't u have to bend real low?
    im short too :P .... 5' 8 ... hehe and im a guy .. blame it on the genes ... mom is 5' 1 and dad is 5' 7

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    are they? don't u have to bend real low?
    Not at all, they just bury their head in my chest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    im short too :P .... 5' 8 ... hehe and im a guy .. blame it on the genes ... mom is 5' 1 and dad is 5' 7
    That's not short..that's about average i'd say

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deianra)
    Average is 5'9" I think. Average for female is 5'3" point something.
    Yeah..well...most guys are taller than me...5,8 is taller than me....they're much closer to average than i am

G

ReputationRep:
    really? wow..im nearly average....
    are u sure? everyone seems to be towering over me!
    i'd say 5'10'' is the average for men....actually it depends where u're from isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    i'd say 5'10'' is the average for men....actually it depends where u're from isn't it?
    I think 5,10 is definitely taller than average for men....5,8-5,9 sounds right.

G

ReputationRep:
    depends on ethnicity ... asian ppl are shorter .... height actually increases if u go from far east asia all the way to europe ...

the study i read tht in blamed it on diet ... im asian so im pretty much ok wiht my height among my ppl .... though i still hate being tht height ... id give n e thing to b 5 '10 or 11

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    For Britain, it's either 5'10" or 5'9" (that's why I put I think). Probably the former though. Average female height is somewhere between 5'3" and 5'4".

(Original post by gzftan)

G
    You would though, wouldn't you, G dear?

ReputationRep:
    depends on ethnicity ... asian ppl are shorter .... height actually increases if u go from far east asia all the way to europe ...

the study i read tht in blamed it on diet ... im asian so im pretty much ok wiht my height among my ppl .... though i still hate being tht height ... id give n e thing to b 5 '10 or 11
    if u chck out asians in europe and america ull def notice theyre taller than ppl who live in asia .... so its def sumthing to do wiht diet ...

my cuzin was 5'9 when he went to canada to do his undergrad ... he came back 6 feet tall ... im going to canada next year too for my undergrad .. so fingers crossed

ReputationRep:

You're 5,8 right....that's all right...don't worry about height....i'm 5,6 and i really couldn't care less that i'm short...i;m comfortable with my height

G

ReputationRep:

i'm asian too...*sob*...how cursed! but if i change my diet i don't grow taller...i justs get fat...

ReputationRep:
    You're 5,8 right....that's all right...don't worry about height....i'm 5,6 and i really couldn't care less that i'm short...i;m comfortable with my height

G
    yeah i know but i jus hate it when ppl judge u by ur height .. and many ppl i know do do tht .. i never get picked to play for any team

ReputationRep:
    You would though, wouldn't you, G dear?
    It's all relative....they're taller than me...they're 'more average height'....the difference when i'm looking up at a 5,8 tall and a 5,9 tall person is almost non-existent for me

G

ReputationRep:
    i really couldn't care less that i'm short...i;m comfortable with my height

G
    Lucky you, cos i'm not!!

ReputationRep:

G
    are u saying that so u can sound closer to average?

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know but i jus hate it when ppl judge u by ur height .. and many ppl i know do do tht .. i never get picked to play for any team
    I played rugby...so in some respects being short was an advantage....i'm sure there are loads of sports you could play..football??

G

ReputationRep:
    if u chck out asians in europe and america ull def notice theyre taller than ppl who live in asia .... so its def sumthing to do wiht diet ...

my cuzin was 5'9 when he went to canada to do his undergrad ... he came back 6 feet tall ... im going to canada next year too for my undergrad .. so fingers crossed
    what happened to gzftan??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    i'm asian too...*sob*...how cursed! but if i change my diet i don't grow taller...i justs get fat...
    not necessarily i guess ... it should be nutritious i guess ... i think asians suffer coz of so much of the carbs we ppl eat .... at least south asians eat a lot of nans and rotis and stuff with every meal ... thts the only huge difference i can see in the eastern and western diet

so where are u originally from ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFi25)
    Lucky you, cos i'm not!!
    Lol...how tall are you then??

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    what happened to gzftan??
    Lol....some genetic traits you can't get rid of through environmental differences unfortunately!

G

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.