Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gzftan)
    Lol....some genetic traits you can't get rid of through environmental differences unfortunately!

G
    aww...at least you're ok with your height...
    very few ppl are...like me! i hardly go out without heels...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    In the UK, I read that the average height of a man is now 5' 10".
    However, on average, asian men are a little bit shorter.
    Yeah..it actually depends i reckon on the age group....personally...i think people my age are on average taller than people my parents' age for example...and noticeably so.

G

ReputationRep:
    its nothing really to do with the diet...its more the genes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    aww...at least you're ok with your height...
    very few ppl are...like me! i hardly go out without heels...
    be thankful ... tall girl look hideous in heels ... and high heels can make a girl look really hot ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    its nothing really to do with the diet...its more the genes
    There is an effect with environment though....if you look at some chinese people over here..their tallest parent is something like 5,6..but they end up being something like 5,10

Although i agree..genes have a hug part to play

G

ReputationRep:
    There is an effect with environment though....if you look at some chinese people over here..their tallest parent is something like 5,6..but they end up being something like 5,10

Although i agree..genes have a hug part to play

G
    so what kind of diet makes you tall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    be thankful ... tall girl look hideous in heels ... and high heels can make a girl look really hot ...
    but their bad for your back apparently...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThornsnRoses)
    so what kind of diet makes you tall?
    I dunno...more balanced i suppose. The thing about asians is, as someone mentioned earlier, they have a very high carb content. I suppose less carbs...more protein and vitamins etc.

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by p8224)
    but their bad for your back apparently...
    not if u wear em all day long i guess ... doesnt matter.. short girls are cute

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    Yes that is statistically correct, the newer the generation of adults, the taller that they are. The height of the average man is gradually increasing over time.
    Yeah..i thought so..cos when i'm standing around older people..i notice i'm not that short in comparison to them..but when i'm with people my age...the difference is significantly more noticeable

G

ReputationRep:
    Yeah..i thought so..cos when i'm standing around older people..i notice i'm not that short in comparison to them..but when i'm with people my age...the difference is significantly more noticeable

G
    old ppl shrink too .. hehe

i mean thier curves tend to bend around the age of 60 if they arent physically active ... my grandad used to be a pretty tall guy ..6 .... now he looks more like a 5'9

ReputationRep:
    old ppl shrink too .. hehe
    Oh crap! Does that mean i will get shorter!! DAMMIT!!

G

ReputationRep:
    short is good, i'm 5'2 and i don't find that guys have a problem with me being short (my main problem is i get IDed everywhere, so i always have to have my driving license on me)... anyway my bf is 6'3 and i don't find it a problem at all, hugs are brilliant cos i do just bury my head in his chest and it makes your feel so safe... you'd think it would look weird, but we do just fit.

my bf before him was 6'1 and for some reason i did notice the height thing, i could never just give him a spontaneous kiss on the cheek or anything if he was standing up... with my current bf i always just end up kissing his shoulder and he kisses my head if we're walking along or something...

lou xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiegirl2004)
    Are shorter or smaller girls more appealing to guys or do they perfer taller or bigger girls????? small+sweet!! Help me out here!!!
    I know two girls who are 4'10 who are attractive, handy for various things......

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NDGAARONDI)
    handy for various things......
    ??? wat does tht mean ...

ReputationRep:
    shorter girls are definitely better

ReputationRep:
    ??? wat does tht mean ...
    Well it only really works if they're playful. Use your imagination

ReputationRep:
    Well it only really works if they're playful. Use your imagination
    errrrm ...kinda relieved i must say ... i thought u sere stuffing em into cubby holes

ReputationRep:
    errrrm ...kinda relieved i must say ... i thought u sere stuffing em into cubby holes
    Huh? :confused: Cubby holes?

ReputationRep:
    Huh? :confused: Cubby holes?
    Main Entry: cub·by·hole
    Pronunciation: 'k&-bE-"hOl
    Function: noun
    : a small snug place (as for hiding or storage); also : a cramped space

Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.