Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    *lost*
    Someone, infekt I think, wondered why a guy would like shorter girls. So I told him on the playful things

Surely you must know now!

Helps if you're ticklish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    I've read that women are getting shorter and men taller due to natural selection (not taking environmental influences into account)...men do prefer shorter women in general, and the height difference between the sexes is growing.
    mmm, sorry, but I'm sure that is definitely incorrect.

I've come across several sources of statistics, as well as watching a brief documentray on television, and all of them have shown that both sexes' populations are gradually increasing in average height over the many years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    have shown that both sexes' populations are gradually increasing in average height over the many years.
    You can both increase in height whilst the gap increases.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Invisible)
    mmm, sorry, but I'm sure that is definitely incorrect.

I've come across several sources of statistics, as well as watching a brief documentray on television, and all of them have shown that both sexes' populations are gradually increasing in average height over the many years.
    Yes, that's due to improved diet etc (environmental factors), which has been particularly evident over the last century or so, but I was talking over thousands of years and the effect of evolution...we are getting taller, but the rate of change between males and females has been affected too.

ReputationRep:
    Taller, since im 6'2. Usually around 5'6-5'9.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiegirl2004)
    Are shorter or smaller girls more appealing to guys or do they perfer taller or bigger girls????? small+sweet!! Help me out here!!!
    A slong as the difference from me (6 feet ) is not so large that It becomes difficult to hug and do... erm... other stuff... it doesnt really matter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jonatan)
    A slong as the difference from me (6 feet ) is not so large that It becomes difficult to hug and do... erm... other stuff... it doesnt really matter.
    Basically no one suffering from dwarvism. Since I don't think 4'10 is that much of a difference for 6 foot guys IMO.

ReputationRep:
    I can't imagine being short, I love being tall with long legs. All my friends are smaller than me though so sometimes I feel awkward, my two best mates look more like my little sisters because we all have blonde hair.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cookiegirl2004)
    Are shorter or smaller girls more appealing to guys or do they perfer taller or bigger girls????? small+sweet!! Help me out here!!!
    Short and round

ReputationRep:
    of course! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    i think shorter girls are definately cuter, but that doesn't make them more appealing. Some guys prefer more elegant looking girls, some guys prefer cute looking girls. It's all down to preference, girls are just gorgeous no matter what height!

ReputationRep:
    Actually I think guys are somewhat imtimidated by taller girls, I may wrong, but I know a couple of guys who said they felt imtimidated by me because I was their height.
    But it doesn't matter...different guys like different things...some like short girls, some prefer tall girls...it doesn't matter really.

ReputationRep:
    5'2" is just perfect

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by infekt)
    be thankful ... tall girl look hideous in heels ... and high heels can make a girl look really hot ...

I don't think tall girls in heels look hideous...Naomi Campbell doesn't...infact all supermodels don't, and your actresses like Julia Roberts, Uma Thurman and even Lisa in Hollyoaks is 5ft9 and looks stunning in heels!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I don't want to be crude here... but tall men tend to be in proportion, as do small women.

Lol...do they? Women are more in proportion than tall women? Lol..erm...ok!!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ally)
    I can't imagine being short, I love being tall with long legs. All my friends are smaller than me though so sometimes I feel awkward, my two best mates look more like my little sisters because we all have blonde hair.

Lol! Yeah me too, I love my long legs (and so do the guys ), I have blonde hair too and I find it somewhat awkward with my friends being smaller than me as I have to talk down to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlondeFunkyChic)
    Lol! Yeah me too, I love my long legs (and so do the guys ), I have blonde hair too and I find it somewhat awkward with my friends being smaller than me as I have to talk down to them.
    really? I never would have guessed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    really? I never would have guessed.

Um...?? Not sure what you mean by that?

ReputationRep:
    I tend to go out with tall girls, though I wouldn't really have a problem with going out with shorter ones. Shorter than me, probably, although as I've never actually met a girl taller than me this isn't really a problem.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.