Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    Posted on behalf of: Mazmils1975

I have a disability which is effecting me and making me ill. I am currently doing my bsc. I was considering leaving and going back next year to do it. Will i be able to get funding or will i have to pay for it myself ?

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you may be leaving your course due to your disability. Unfortunately, this thread relates to the additional support that you can get for your disability, rather than loans specifically to cover the cost of your course. There is a web chat 19:00 – 20:00 tomorrow where my colleague will be able to give you more advice about loans.

In regard to DSA, if you would like to apply for support once you return to your studies then we'd suggest that you apply for DSA for your course as soon as the applications open. You can find all of the information about how to apply here: www.gov.uk/studentfinance The support that you can get from DSA won't be affected by your previous study.

Hope that helps.

Emma
    • TSR Support Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma Wright)
    Hi there,

The support itself (equipment, human support, assistive technology etc) provided by DSA has not changed over the past few years, however some of our policies and consequently who is eligible for the support has. The best thing to do to find out what DSA can offer right now would be to visit: [/b] and select ‘resources’ to review our DSA Quick Start Guide and Extra Help – Disabled Student’s Allowances.

In terms of your ongoing studies, if you feel like any of your individual needs have changed during your studies we would encourage you to get in touch with your Needs Assessor who is the person who carried out your assessment and submitted a report to DSA. Your Needs Assessor will then be able to discuss any difficulties you have faced and, if deemed appropriate, they will submit a recommendation to DSA for additional support.

Hope this helps.

Emma
    Thank you! That helps a lot, will save this post. Thanks!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Many thanks to all of you who submitted your questions today. And many thanks to Emma Wright for taking the time out to answer them.

Ray.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.