The Student Room Group

Adv. and Disadv. of Digital Camera?

What are the advantages and disadvantages of a digital camera?
I'd like more technical and computing type of answers, the ones i have found on the internet are more for people who want to buy one.
Environmentally, with olde cameras you used to print out all photos. With digital cameras, you print out only the ones you want - or in most cases - none of them.

Olde photos used a lot of chemicals and silver to develop. On the other hand olde cameras used hardly any battery - certainly no lithium.
Reply 2
Original post by Trinculo
Environmentally, with olde cameras you used to print out all photos. With digital cameras, you print out only the ones you want - or in most cases - none of them.

Olde photos used a lot of chemicals and silver to develop. On the other hand olde cameras used hardly any battery - certainly no lithium.

Thank you
But i dont think that really answers my question, i kind of wanted a more technical answer especially about it's hardware
Original post by minionzzz
Thank you
But i dont think that really answers my question, i kind of wanted a more technical answer especially about it's hardware

I don't know how you can answer that. They're different technologies. One uses a shutter to expose a photosensitive film to an image via a lens. The other uses the shutter and lens to expose a CMOS chip.

There's no inherent advantage or disadvantage except from the point of view of the user.
Reply 4
Original post by Trinculo
I don't know how you can answer that. They're different technologies. One uses a shutter to expose a photosensitive film to an image via a lens. The other uses the shutter and lens to expose a CMOS chip.

There's no inherent advantage or disadvantage except from the point of view of the user.

its ok i found a proper answer thanks.

Quick Reply

Latest