Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

What's a realistic grade increase from now- June? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i've just gotten my A2 mock result back, got a mid-C. The written portion of the paper was an A but the multi-choice was atrocious, I got 12/25, I seem to just have a problem with multi-choice!

So I've applied to do cosmology, and so far my offers have been AAA-BBC with the highest grade always in maths, not physics. I'm working towards an A* in maths, but I just seem to struggle with physics. My question is predominantly, what's a reasonable expectation in terms on grade increase if I put in the work (Started revising about two weeks ago for my Physics. Been revising Maths since October. Big mistake!)? And also does anyone have any tips as to getting better at the multi-choice section, any general advice or technique?

Cheers!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnorlaxForQueen)
    Hi guys i've just gotten my A2 mock result back, got a mid-C. The written portion of the paper was an A but the multi-choice was atrocious, I got 12/25, I seem to just have a problem with multi-choice!

So I've applied to do cosmology, and so far my offers have been AAA-BBC with the highest grade always in maths, not physics. I'm working towards an A* in maths, but I just seem to struggle with physics. My question is predominantly, what's a reasonable expectation in terms on grade increase if I put in the work (Started revising about two weeks ago for my Physics. Been revising Maths since October. Big mistake!)? And also does anyone have any tips as to getting better at the multi-choice section, any general advice or technique?

Cheers!
    Lots and lots of practice and go over the mark schemes thoroughly. Multiple choice is about keeping your wits and speed as much as learning the subject matter.

Your written paper says you are capable. With a bit of effort and dedication, I see no reason why you can't boost your overall grade to at least a B or even an A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uberteknik)
    Lots and lots of practice and go over the mark schemes thoroughly. Multiple choice is about keeping your wits and speed as much as learning the subject matter.

Your written paper says you are capable. With a bit of effort and dedication, I see no reason why you can't boost your overall grade to at least a B or even an A.
    Thank you very much mate, it's just disheartening to do well in one area and perform so shockingly in another where the rest of the class universally found it easier than the written portion. I'm already reading through examiner reports as we speak as to the facility and common misconceptions about each question!

Thank you very much, this was really really reassuring

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.