Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Really torn between these two Universities!! I've got offers from both of them (to do Design) but no idea which I should put down as my firm?? If you have chosen one of these unis already, as your firm choice, can you tell me why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brighon8)
    Really torn between these two Universities!! I've got offers from both of them (to do Design) but no idea which I should put down as my firm?? If you have chosen one of these unis already, as your firm choice, can you tell me why?

Hi! I'm a current third year at UCLan so I can offer a good insight into what student life is like here.

It's not a huge city but it has everything you could want from the ideal university experience, besides the busy-ness of larger cities like Liverpool and Manchester. There is a good student atmosphere - all the uni buildings are close to accommodation and town and the nightclubs etc. You can also live in more residential areas (student housing) further away from campus, as I did in my second and third year.

The university itself provides lots of support for students such as WISER (study skills help), the <i> in the Library (support for all aspects of uni life) and a Student Wellbeing service (you can get an appointment fairly quickly).

If you're doing Design you'll be based in the Media Factory which has some really cool facilities - your best bet is to come to an Open Day so you can get a feel for the campus yourself. The next one is Saturday 25th March and you can register here.

Sorry I can't offer any advice about Chester but if you want to know anything else just let me know!

Molly

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 25, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.