Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Really torn between these two Universities!! I've got offers from both of them (to do Design) but no idea which I should put down as my firm?? If you have chosen one of these unis already, as your firm choice, can you tell me why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brighon8)
    Really torn between these two Universities!! I've got offers from both of them (to do Design) but no idea which I should put down as my firm?? If you have chosen one of these unis already, as your firm choice, can you tell me why?

Hi! I'm a current third year at UCLan so I can offer a good insight into what student life is like here.

It's not a huge city but it has everything you could want from the ideal university experience, besides the busy-ness of larger cities like Liverpool and Manchester. There is a good student atmosphere - all the uni buildings are close to accommodation and town and the nightclubs etc. You can also live in more residential areas (student housing) further away from campus, as I did in my second and third year.

The university itself provides lots of support for students such as WISER (study skills help), the <i> in the Library (support for all aspects of uni life) and a Student Wellbeing service (you can get an appointment fairly quickly).

If you're doing Design you'll be based in the Media Factory which has some really cool facilities - your best bet is to come to an Open Day so you can get a feel for the campus yourself. The next one is Saturday 25th March and you can register here.

Sorry I can't offer any advice about Chester but if you want to know anything else just let me know!

Molly

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.