Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Are you thinking about leaving uni, changing courses or suspending your studies? Ask Amanda what you need to do and how it could affect your student finance.

Amanda has worked for Student Finance England for three years. As a customer advisor she take calls from Student Finance England and EU students. She is also a Disabled Students' Allowances advisor.

Please be aware all answers will be posted on Tuesday 7 February.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I am curently living with my mum and I know I will have to provide her income for my finance application, however I am planning on moving in with my boyfriend in June/July and I'm not sure how this will affect my application. Will have have to provide his income as well?
    Thanks for help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sylwia11)
    Hi
    I am curently living with my mum and I know I will have to provide her income for my finance application, however I am planning on moving in with my boyfriend in June/July and I'm not sure how this will affect my application. Will have have to provide his income as well?
    Thanks for help

Hi,

This will depend on your personal circumstances.

For example if you are under 25 years of age without child dependants and living with a partner it would still be your parent /parents who would be required to provide their financial information to support your application.

I would suggest you call Student Finance England on 0300 100 for further advice regarding your dependant or independent status.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I took a year out of my university studies last January and was paid the Spring term's student finance. I was told I didn't need to repay the loan at the time because my year out was due to bad health, and I was just wondering what my finance situation is now that I am returning to the university this term? Do I receive another Spring term's loan, or will my next and final installment be the Summer term's loan? And is there anything I need to do to confirm my return to studies/the sfe programme, is it done automatically or should I have already reapplied?

Thank you for your help,
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    Posted on behalf of keziab:

What is the turn around time for processing documents for evidence?

ReputationRep:
    My financial circumstances have changed dramatically over the last two months but I won't detail on that. Before I apply for a postgrad loan, I would appreciate your help with any info re: who's going to see my application form at the University? Who is processing/confirming my application, Uni side, I mean.
    Please advise

ReputationRep:
    At the beginning of the year, I was living at home with parents, but as of January I moved into student accommodation due to situations outside of my control.
    I have notified student finance of the change of address and circumstances, and they have changed my address on the student finance website, but I've not heard anything about a change in finance yet. I was advised at college that my student finance would increase since my circumstances have changed, is this true?
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    My financial circumstances have changed dramatically over the last two months but I won't detail on that. Before I apply for a postgrad loan, I would appreciate your help with any info re: who's going to see my application form at the University? Who is processing/confirming my application, Uni side, I mean.
    Please advise
    This is going to vary massively between universities - in some places only the student records team can access this, in others it will be 100% managed by the student support/student services team (usually whoever administers hardship funds will have access) and in others it will be split between a variety of different teams (you can always ask directly which staff/teams have access to http://www.heiinfo.slc.co.uk/ HE Portal)....although for a postgrad loan there's no financial information asked for.

ReputationRep:
    Did you Know?

You can now change some details directly on your online student finance account

You can change :

Personal details

• Home Address
    • Email Address
    • Telephone Number
    • Bank details
    • Living Location- change living/term address

University and Course Details

Depending on the status of your application you can:

• change university or college
    • change course details (including placement/study abroad/intake/year of study)

If you can't make the course change online you will be directed to print and complete the paper CO1 form.

Cancel Application

Depending on the status of your application you can also cancel an application via your online account

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJ)
    Posted on behalf of keziab:

What is the turn around time for processing documents for evidence?
    This varies depending on the type of evidence supplied but can take up to 20 working days. For further clarification of timescales please call 0300 100 0607.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ana35uk)
    Please advise
    Hi,
    All Post graduate loan applications are processed by Student Finance England (PGL team) these applications are not income assessed.
    Hope this helps. For further details contact the post graduate loan team on 0300 100 0031

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Evladimira183)
    At the beginning of the year, I was living at home with parents, but as of January I moved into student accommodation due to situations outside of my control.
    I have notified student finance of the change of address and circumstances, and they have changed my address on the student finance website, but I've not heard anything about a change in finance yet. I was advised at college that my student finance would increase since my circumstances have changed, is this true?
    Hi,

In order to be assessed for your full entitlement due to moving to student accommodation you will need to complete a change of circumstance form (co1) and indicate living 'elsewhere' , this form can be located on www.gov.uk/student finance forms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gibson127)
    Hi,

I took a year out of my university studies last January and was paid the Spring term's student finance. I was told I didn't need to repay the loan at the time because my year out was due to bad health, and I was just wondering what my finance situation is now that I am returning to the university this term? Do I receive another Spring term's loan, or will my next and final installment be the Summer term's loan? And is there anything I need to do to confirm my return to studies/the sfe programme, is it done automatically or should I have already reapplied?

Thank you for your help,
    Hi ,
    As your query is based on specific individual circumstances, I would advise you call Student Finance England on 0300 100 0607 they will have access to your specific account details and will be able to answer your question accurately.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to everyone for their questions and to Amanda for her answers.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.