The Student Room Group

Skipped a red light by accident- please help!!!

So today I was driving down a road where roadworks have been carried out, a car had let me through so I was focusing on getting passed and thanking him, however I accidently went through a red light because I completely didn't see it. I've only been driving for a couple months and looking back on google maps there is grey box camera on top of the light, does this mean I'm going to get caught? I'm so so worried:frown:
Original post by chxrliejxyne
So today I was driving down a road where roadworks have been carried out, a car had let me through so I was focusing on getting passed and thanking him, however I accidently went through a red light because I completely didn't see it. I've only been driving for a couple months and looking back on google maps there is grey box camera on top of the light, does this mean I'm going to get caught? I'm so so worried:frown:

You might, you might not. All you can do is wait and see if anything happens, and in the meantime don't make the same mistake again. If a camera caught you, you might get a fine in the post and some points, but you also might not have been caught
Reply 2
Can you show us the lights? Odds are its a sensor, but still, there's never an excuse for going through a red light.
hahahhahahaha you are fine.

the grey box is a sensor. 99% of red lights do not have cameras.

you can sleep easy.
Reply 4
wow were you the female that almost got me killed earlier because she drove straight through red lights at a crossing ???
Ignore stupid posts. A red light camera will catch people driving through a red light. The box mounted on top of most traffic lights is a sensor to let the lights know when to change. Red light cameras look like speed cameras but are a grey and positioned just a couple of meters before the stop line. In any case if you have been caught, you will received a notice of intended prosecution in the post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, It looked like this!! Also, there is a crossing there too!
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by chxrliejxyne
Hi, It looked like this!! Also, there is a crossing there too!

Sensor; stop worrying. Don't do the incredibly stupid thing of driving through a red light again. Perhaps consider your level of driver education and pay for a few extra courses to get more confidence.
That is a sensor. Pay more attention next time. You will be fine if you didn't get caught there and and then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That's a sensor for crossing the road you fool. I've run loads of red lights, it's only if it has the yellow box you need to worry.
Original post by l'etranger
That's a sensor for crossing the road you fool. I've run loads of red lights, it's only if it has the yellow box you need to worry.

Red light cameras are often grey.
Original post by coldplasma
Red light cameras are often grey.

Very few red lights have cameras because only an idiot would run them.
Very few red lights have cameras because only an idiot would run them.

For most people, driving on the roads is the only interaction they'll have with complete idiots in their daily lives.
Reply 13
what is this camera
Reply 14

why do you need to worry if there aint a red light camera there
Reply 15
Dos you get fined
Reply 16
Dos you get fined

Quick Reply

Latest