Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    I know this is a NOOB question, but please don't shout at your screen thinking i will hear you.
    A college I'm planning to transition to requested a reference from my current college (which I have right now). The problem is I don't know how to hand it in. Do I give it to them by hand? Send it as an email? Or the college sends it as an email?
    Any help would be appreciated

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    Usually, you would:

    1. Ask the person you want to write your reference if they will do it, tell them what it is for
    2. Give the college your referee's contact details - usually their name, relationship to you, address (if this is a teacher school/work address is fine, most importantly email, then phone number (can use current college's number if your referee is a teacher)
    3. The college you want to transition to will contact your referee (usually via email) and ask them about you

    As above, the college sends it to prove it is official.
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.