Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Why some girls stay with cheaters Watch

ReputationRep:
    Is because they don't want the other women to win, silly logic right? Because it's a never ending battle, just move on....instead of viewing them as competition and wasting ur money on maintaining yourself trying to one up other females for a guy who's just a pig just let it goooo.

ReputationRep:
    preach sistah

ReputationRep:
    Love is blind , honey x

Because they don't want to lose their meal ticket?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Because they don't want to lose their meal ticket?
    This is probably more likely than OP'a suggestion - both are feasible though, IMO.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    List of reasons why some girls stay with cheaters:

1. Stupidity.
    2. They are dependent on them in a financial, emotional, mental or physical way.
    3. Mental problems.
    4. Self-esteem issues: 'No one would want me', only seeing faults in themselves, and so on.
    5. Children.
    6. The cheater is a manipulator who belittles the girl and convinces her she cannot do better or that he is worth it 'for his good side'.
    7. The girl thinks she can 'change' him, which will make her feel like a good messiah, keeper, -insert other desirable words for a girlfriend here-.
    8. The girl stays with the cheater since they think the cheater will change.
    9. Social pressure.
    10. The girl is a drama queen who unconsciously wants to have something to rant about so they feel like their life is worse than everyone else's, which they think makes them less responsible for anything wrong or bad they do. In other words, the girl has a 'poor me' mentality.
    11. The girl is in love with the cheater for some reason. Could be linked to mental health or the cheater's good traits (e.g. looks).
    12. The girl thinks the cheater will not do it again.
    13. The girl is or was a cheater herself, so she can relate to the cheater and forgive them.

I will add more if I can come up with other explanations.

EDIT 1: Added 11 and 12.
    EDIT 2: Added 13.
    EDIT 3: Modified the wording in point 10 for reasons of clarity, consistence, and grammar. Note that all these points can be genderbent (I only used a girl who was chated on and a man who cheated since this is what OP implies in the title), so this applies to both genders regardless of which one is the cheater.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michiyo)

1. Stupidity.
    2. They are dependent on them in a financial, emotional, mental or physical way.
    3. Mental problems.
    4. Self-esteem issues: 'No one would want me', only seeing faults in themselves, and so on.
    5. Children.
    6. The cheater is a manipulator who belittles the girl and convinces her she cannot do better or that he is worth it 'for his good side'.
    7. The girl thinks she can 'change' him, which will make her feel like a good messiah, keeper, -insert other desirable words for a girlfriend here-.
    9. Social pressure.
    10. The girl is a drama queen who unconsciously wants to have something to rant about so they feel like their life is worse than everyone else's, which they think makes them less responsible for anything wrong or bad they do. In other words, they have a 'poor me' mentality.

10 seems the most relevant here...

ReputationRep:

1. Stupidity.
    3. Mental problems.
    5. Children.
    9. Social pressure.
    10. The girl is a drama queen who unconsciously wants to have something to rant about so they feel like their life is worse than everyone else's, which they think makes them less responsible for anything wrong or bad they do. In other words, they have a 'poor me' mentality.

Or maybe she's just in love with him?

ReputationRep:
    Some cheaters are clever. They have questionable morals as it is, so they just manipulate you without remorse. The end.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ||TheUnknown||)
    Or maybe she's just in love with him?
    Could be. (Thank you for the rep, by the way :hugs: ) *adds that to the list*

I am wondering, how can someone be in love with someone who disrespects them so much that they cheat on them? Are people who still have love for such people even after that completely sane?

ReputationRep:
    Girls don't care that much.

ReputationRep:
    Money

ReputationRep:

1. Stupidity.
    3. Mental problems.
    5. Children.
    9. Social pressure.
    11. The girl is in love with the cheater for some reason. Could be linked to mental health or the cheater's good traits (e.g. looks).
    13. The girl is or was a cheater herself, so she can relate to the cheater and forgive them.

Truth right here. How are you so knowledgable in this department ?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xobeauty)
    Truth right here. How are you so knowledgable in this department ?
    Long story short, I have some knowledge of psychology and my mother has a history of cheating husbands/boyfriends and venting all of her problems to me, even though I do not care. I myself have never been in a relationship, but my mother's experiences and my psychological knowledge (as small as it may be) allow me to have an understanding of why anyone would stay with a cheater. I am also quite good at comprehending humans as I have good logic and actively seek to understand people. These also convince me that if anyone ever cheated on me, I would break up with them right then and there and never take them back.
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Some cheaters know how to wrap a woman around their fingers. I got cheated on during my relationship but it's only after we split up that I found out, I don't know what I would have done if I found out during.
    • TSR Support Team

(Original post by xobeauty)
    Is because they don't want the other women to win, silly logic right? Because it's a never ending battle, just move on....instead of viewing them as competition and wasting ur money on maintaining yourself trying to one up other females for a guy who's just a pig just let it goooo.
    Not just girls who do it, I know a few guys who have stayed with a girl who has cheated on them, people stay with cheaters maybe because they are scared of being single. Anyway not meaning to sound harsh but didn't you stay with your boyfriend who cheated on you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Not just girls who do it, I know a few guys who have stayed with a girl who has cheated on them, people stay with cheaters maybe because they are scared of being single. Anyway not meaning to sound harsh but didn't you stay with your boyfriend who cheated on you?
    hello, have a lovely day

ReputationRep:
    Could be. (Thank you for the rep, by the way :hugs: ) *adds that to the list*

I am wondering, how can someone be in love with someone who disrespects them so much that they cheat on them? Are people who still have love for such people even after that completely sane?
    My pleasure. We all know how messed up the human mind can be? :dontknow:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

1. Stupidity.
    3. Mental problems.
    5. Children.
    9. Social pressure.
    10. The girl is a drama queen who unconsciously wants to have something to rant about so they feel like their life is worse than everyone else's, which they think makes them less responsible for anything wrong or bad they do. In other words, the girl has a 'poor me' mentality.

EDIT 3: Modified the wording in point 10 for reasons of clarity, consistence, and grammar. Note that all these points can be genderbent (I only used a girl who was chated on and a man who cheated since this is what OP implies in the title), so this applies to both genders regardless of which one is the cheater.
    My God, people sure do love this post :eek: 7 reps? That is the most rep I have ever had on a post :daydreaming: I am flattered :fan: Thank you all, I appreciate it :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    When you leave a relationship it's kinda like hitting ground zero, and you have to build your way back up with someone new. you go through emotions wondering if you will ever find that spark with anyone else. It's a combination of attachment and your hormones screwing you over. Sometimes the thought of leaving and trying to find another relationship and starting alllll over again is more daunting than the thought of giving a cheater (who you are already attached to, in love with and invested in the relationship) another chance.

Source: I stayed with a cheater, he cheated on me AGAIN, super regret it. Never give second chances, the fact that a guy had the lack of empathy to hurt you to begin with shows that he does not like you enough to not cheat on you again. HE WILL 100% DO IT AGAIN IF HE GETS THE CHANCE. Just leave. It will be hard, but it's better to do it sooner than stay some more and get even more attached, or invest even more in the relationship. The longer you stay, the harder it is to leave.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 25, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.