Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

is he just a ****boy? urgent advice please Watch

So met a guy on a night out, exchanged numbers, the usual. we've been texting for a week and he's asked me on a date later this week.

my issue is he only sends me about two messages a day, the replies are so slow. he's obviously asked to hang out, he's been complimenting me a lot..sounds interested. But the other night i was out and he didn't see me, and my friends saw him get with another girl in the club, then he bumped into me and looked all surprised.

and also he's adding girls on Facebook and his mates are adding weird comments underneath like oh is this the girl you ****ed etc. and he knows i see it all so i don't know what to make of it.

do i go on the date and see how things are? or is he a ****boy and i should just drop him and not waste my time?

ReputationRep:
    He's dating around and keeping his options open, he's not your boyfriend keep that in mind. Be amazing and stand out if u want him.
    • Political Ambassador

He's a ****boy, so if you want sex, go on a date, yes.

(Original post by EC)
    He's a ****boy, so if you want sex, go on a date, yes.
    the other night when i was out i texted him saying he should come round but he didn't so surely he isn't just after sex?
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Anonymous)
    the other night when i was out i texted him saying he should come round but he didn't so surely he isn't just after sex?
    Maybe he was already busy, who knows? From your description he seems like a ****boy. And if you've already messaged him to come to your place it's pretty obvious that you want to date him so..

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt go out with him cos he sounds like a player and he cant like u that much or not looking for anything serious if he's getting with other girls he probably just wants sex from u

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he's trying to make you his side girl.

ReputationRep:
    You should have lost interest as soon as he took more than 2 minutes to reply
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Do not bother.

He sounds like a player who just wants to sleep around.

He may keep you around for a while just for the sex, then, once girls start to figure out what is up and stop wanting to date him, try to seem like he is in love with you so he could still get sex. Afterwards, if you believe and trust him, you will be stuck with him while he cheats on you and lies about it.

TL;DR: Recipe for a broken marriage.

ReputationRep:
    I think you already have your answer.

ReputationRep:
    he only sends me about two messages a day,
    He's not even your boyfriend and you're already complaining... lol.

the replies are so slow.
    he's adding girls on Facebook and his mates are adding weird comments underneath like oh is this the girl you ****ed etc.
    Again, not your boyfriend, he can add, date, and ****, whoever he likes. It's doesn't mean he's a ****boy, it means he's dating around and seeing what his options are.

Go on a few dates, (but also date around yourself and see what your options are instead of attaching yourself too much to this one dude) and see where it goes.

If he's not willing to commit a bit more after, say, a few weeks of dating seriously, then you can leave it. If he's not willing to become your boyfriend and commit after you give him a chance, then yeah, sure, you can assume he's a player. But you won't know until you've dated him. Just don't feel like you need to compete with these other girls, or be pressured to do anything you don't want.

ReputationRep:
    Ngl, he's not even your boyfriend currently so you can't complain about him flirting with others when you're not in a relationship with him.

ReputationRep:
    I dunno, I mean from experience I wouldn't because if he's acting like that while he's shown an interest in you once you two get together he will most likely carry on this behaviour. Because sometimes they act nicer before they have you and if this is his nice we all know what his bad will be. Your jus setting yourself up for disappointment and heart ache. Unless you like them type of guys then it's different. I mean continue being friends but dating.... you know the drill girl x

(Original post by tippyto452)
    He's not even your boyfriend and you're already complaining... lol.

Again, not your boyfriend, he can add, date, and ****, whoever he likes. It's doesn't mean he's a ****boy, it means he's dating around and seeing what his options are.

Go on a few dates, (but also date around yourself and see what your options are instead of attaching yourself too much to this one dude) and see where it goes.

If he's not willing to commit a bit more after, say, a few weeks of dating seriously, then you can leave it. If he's not willing to become your boyfriend and commit after you give him a chance, then yeah, sure, you can assume he's a player. But you won't know until you've dated him. Just don't feel like you need to compete with these other girls, or be pressured to do anything you don't want.
    well I'm dating around myself but obviously on the down low i wouldn't be making it obvious to him if I'm sleeping around or doing whatever cos its a **** move but yeah its understandable i just wondered whether theres any point and if he's actually interested since he doesn't text me back for hours or if he's just playing it cool

ReputationRep:
    well I'm dating around myself but obviously on the down low i wouldn't be making it obvious to him if I'm sleeping around or doing whatever cos its a **** move but yeah its understandable i just wondered whether theres any point and if he's actually interested since he doesn't text me back for hours or if he's just playing it cool
    Honestly, yeah this is one reason why I wouldn't date a guy like that. It's generally really unclassy and disrespectful to talk about girls like that, and even if it was just his friends commenting he should have corrected them or deleted their messages.

As for the texting back thing, it might just be the type of person he is. I personally take forever to reply to texts, and not because I'm playing it cool, I'm just lazy and can't be bothered sometimes. There are many reasons why someone would take a while to reply to texts. The fact he is replying at all shows he's interested IMO.

Don't read into it.

(Original post by tippyto452)
    Honestly, yeah this is one reason why I wouldn't date a guy like that. It's generally really unclassy and disrespectful to talk about girls like that, and even if it was just his friends commenting he should have corrected them or deleted their messages.

As for the texting back thing, it might just be the type of person he is. I personally take forever to reply to texts, and not because I'm playing it cool, I'm just lazy and can't be bothered sometimes. There are many reasons why someone would take a while to reply to texts. The fact he is replying at all shows he's interested IMO.

Don't read into it.
    are you saying i should give the date a chance?

ReputationRep:
    are you saying i should give the date a chance?
    Yes. But know yourself, keep your guard up, and make him commit if you go past a few dates.

In my life I've dated a few guys who turned out to be players... and honestly ... I'm a better person for it. It's a life experience. If they don't want to commit, make sure you have the strength to walk away.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.