The Student Room Group

Girls, is postponing a date a turn-off?

So one day before our first date, i got the flu. No bulls**t, i'm pale as hell, my nose is running constantly and i just generally feel like s**t.

I was thinking about this the whole freaking day, and how it might look stupid or an excuse. Also, you could say that she wouldn't care about all this as long as i'm there, but i want to be in my best shape, you can't blame me for this. Girls, would you be mad or turned-off after a cancel like this? I stated in my text that i was really looking forward to it and that i hate to cancel it. Also made a suggestion for the beginning of next week. Did i screw it up?
Would rather you cancel than give me your germs.

I don't think you've screwed up.
Reply 2
Apologise, rearrange at the same time, and it should be ok. Mind you being prone to ill health is not an attractive trait.
Reply 3
Original post by Zarek
Mind you being prone to ill health is not an attractive trait.

Thanks, now i feel like s**t :biggrin:
There's nothing else you could have done. Why worry over it?
Reply 5
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
There's nothing else you could have done. Why worry over it?

I could have just went regardless. This just won't be the same after canceling, i'm afraid.
Honestly, no. If someone keeps on postponing, it becomes a turn off. If you're ill, there's nothing you can do about it. If she doesn't understand that, she's not worth your time.
Aslong as you have an honest reason its perfectly fine.
Original post by Timothy01
So one day before our first date, i got the flu. No bulls**t, i'm pale as hell, my nose is running constantly and i just generally feel like s**t.

I was thinking about this the whole freaking day, and how it might look stupid or an excuse. Also, you could say that she wouldn't care about all this as long as i'm there, but i want to be in my best shape, you can't blame me for this. Girls, would you be mad or turned-off after a cancel like this? I stated in my text that i was really looking forward to it and that i hate to cancel it. Also made a suggestion for the beginning of next week. Did i screw it up?

Nope, you were ill and you let her know. rearrange it was a good idea! I hope it goes well. If you just totally did text her to let her know and made someone else tell her you weren't goin to turn up and then acted like there was no date then you screwed up. But you didn't so your okay.
Reply 9
I could have just went regardless. This just won't be the same after canceling, i'm afraid.

You are overthinking it, you genuinely got sick and you still have your date so what's the issue here?

It will only be different if you behave like it will. Just relax and don't worry too much.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by UWS
you still have your date

That's the thing, i don't know whether i still have it or not, lmao. I guess we'll see..
Reply 11
That's the thing, i don't know whether i still have it or not, lmao. I guess we'll see..

If she refuses because you were sick the first time then she's not worth it.
Original post by UWS
If she refuses because you were sick the first time then she's not worth it.

Agreed. For me personally, if it's a one off and you said you were sick, then fine. But if you kept cancelling, I'm going to take that as a hint you're not interested.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending