Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I sent my ucas application off months ago, but now desperately want to change one of my choices, it will be the same course at a different uni. I'm well aware that ucas say they cannot change a choice after the 14 day period but I've seen a post on here by someone saying they called ucas and changed 2 of their choices. Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this or has managed to change one of their choices after the 14 days.
    Thanks
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em678)
    I sent my ucas application off months ago, but now desperately want to change one of my choices, it will be the same course at a different uni. I'm well aware that ucas say they cannot change a choice after the 14 day period but I've seen a post on here by someone saying they called ucas and changed 2 of their choices. Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this or has managed to change one of their choices after the 14 days.
    Thanks
    No, you can't change. The other person was either mistaken or within their 14 day period. The only way to change is to use UCAS_Extra or if one of your courses is cancelled by the uni and isn't running.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em678)
    Also, the uni I would like to switch to does take late applications.
    I think you should withdraw your course and apply for the other one with UCAS EXTRA as mentioned by the other guy above me!

ReputationRep:
    You'd have to withdraw all your other applications or reject the offers you have and then UCAS extra it . Changing uni choice more difficult than changing course at the same uni
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potassiumnitrate)
    You'd have to withdraw all your other applications or reject the offers you have and then reapply. Changing uni choice more difficult than changing course at the same uni
    You can't just "reject your offers and reapply". You can use UCAS_Extra when that opens, but that's a specific process of applying to one more uni and really can't be described as "reapplying". If that's what you meant, you need to be clearer, as the way you've suggested will get peoples' UCAS applications cancelled.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em678)
    I really don't like the idea of extra, I'm still undecided and wouldn't want to waste 4 choices just for one that I may or may not get into
    So don't. You missed the 14 day deadline, and now you've missed the "equal consideration" deadline too.

The other route will be to try a transfer to the other university next year. So you do 1st year at one of your choices, and then move university.

Or you go there as a postgrad.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.