Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have an Interview for the university of essex, I've done the standard prep like looking at research and re-reading my personal statement etc. I just wondered if there were any other tips anyone could give me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jakegausden)
    I have an Interview for the university of essex, I've done the standard prep like looking at research and re-reading my personal statement etc. I just wondered if there were any other tips anyone could give me?
    Hi Jakegausden, It really does depend on course you have applied for!
    Read over your personal statement again and remember why you applied for the course in the first place.

Going over the course structure on the Essex website will help you too! because each course has different requirements and interview assessments.

If you have upcoming interviews, check any emails confirming your invitation for tips on how to prepare, also the Essex website again. Also, check UCAS Track.

Interviews range from selection days/traditional face to face interviews or an MMI - Multiple Mini Interview a bit like speed dating, and some require you to sit English and Maths assessments.

What course have you applied for? Have you applied to other universities?
    Any offers/ interviews dates booked etc...

And finally good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Hi again, Also, In terms of interview preparation, I would say firstly relax and don't let your nerves define you as a person. Yes we are all humans and nerves are natural but go into your interview with enthusiasm and a clear open mind.

Easier said than done right! Well here's some news for you. My first interview was the hardest one because I didn't know what to expect but when I sat my literacy and numeracy test I did the best I could to the best of my knowledge and ability. That's all we can do right! When I got through to interview stage I was over the moon and I knew It wasn't over yet I still had to prove myself.

Depending on the course you have applied for, I would advise you to research the course and know it enough to answer any question about the subject and use your transferable skills and personal qualities and skills. Research the specific skills, qualities and personality of your chosen career. Look at what's going in the media if applicable. They are not expecting you to be an expert but it's useful to know and understand the demands and pressures of the course in case the question comes up in interview (How would you deal and manage the responsibilities of the course and so on)

It's useful to know which interview style you would have to attend! Think about the questions you might be asked and situations that you might encounter on your chosen course. Youtube is a good source or Google when looking for common interview techniques or questions.

It's a little difficult to throw out specific examples and interview tips without knowing the course you have applied for.

Let me know which course you have applied for and I'll do the best I can to help.

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,

I'm a current student at the university of Essex.

My first piece of advice is to relax and don't stress about it. Interviews tend to be less scary than people believe- its about staying calm and demonstrating that you have a passion for you subject.

Take a look at this blog which was written by a current student at Essex which details what to expect at an interview. https://iamessex.wordpress.com/2017/...hat-to-expect/

Hope this helps in some way

Best Wishes

ReputationRep:
    UPDATE!!! AS OF 17:34PM 13/02/2017 I was made an unconditional offer for London South Bank University!!! (Adult Nursing here I come) I am so happy not even words can explain how I feel right now!!!

Also Unsuccessful with the University of Essex after application and scanned copies of my certificates and a second reference!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.