25.00%
    Ryan Gosling (La La Land)
    0%
    Viggo Mortensen (Captain Fantastic)
    0%
    Denzel Washington (Fences)
    25.00%

ReputationRep:
    The nominees for 2016 in film have come in for the Oscars. Which nomination do you think deserves the award? This is NOT a prediction, but what you think. Feel free to say why you think your film should win!

ReputationRep:
    Well Fences and Hackshaw Ridge have yet to be released in the UK so it's hard to comment on their performances yet. However I have seen Silence with Andrew Garfield who has great, and I intend to see Hackshaw Ridge when it gets released this weekend.

Ryan Gosling shouldn't win that's for sure. His relationship and chemistry with Emma Stone is certainly paramount to the success of La La Land but Emma Stone is definitely the driving force of La La Land on the acting front.

I would certainly be happy if Casey Affleck wins the award. Manchester By The Sea is not a hard sell and one of the reasons the film is so compelling is the strong acting (Michelle Williams and Lucas Hedges also got nominated). Casey is the driving force of the film though, and from the offset there were great subtleties in his performance that made you aware that something wasn't exactly right (not to spoil the film).

So for now my nod is definitely for Casey Affleck, but that could definitely be changed this weekend when i go to see Hackshaw Ridge.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.