Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm a bit confused. I'm 15 and I went In to a cafe today and asked for weekend and evening work. They said that they normally hire 16+ year olds. They admired my enthusiasm and said they'd be happy to let me do things like washing etc. They said they'd speak to their accountant (PLEASE TELL ME WHY.) and also look at the rota. Does this mean I've got the job?
    Thanks
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    It means if they can afford to take you on and they have space on the rota then yes they are taking you on, but you will have to wait to see if they can. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks; what exactly does an accountant do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustThayGUY)
    Thanks; what exactly does an accountant do?
    An accountant manages the incoming and outgoings of a business, they will also examine the financial progress of the business. Furthermore, they will record transactions and avoids any frauds caused by the business in terms of financially. In brief, they will try to reduce outgoings and increase incoming so the business can grow further.

Hope this helps, Thanks.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    They'll check whether they can afford to take you on, payroll wise

ReputationRep:
    Ah! Don't think I'll get the job then/ have doubts. What do you all think?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustThayGUY)
    Hi. I'm a bit confused. I'm 15 and I went In to a cafe today and asked for weekend and evening work. They said that they normally hire 16+ year olds. They admired my enthusiasm and said they'd be happy to let me do things like washing etc. They said they'd speak to their accountant (PLEASE TELL ME WHY.) and also look at the rota. Does this mean I've got the job?
    Thanks
    It doesn't mean you have got the job, but it also doesn't mean you haven't. It sounds like they're interested in taking you on, but need to work out the viability of it - I'd say it's a promising outcome though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.