Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    every morning before school I literally take half an hour just to get out of bed and it gives me like no time to get ready for school. Please give me advice on how to wake up and get out of bed in the morning!!

ReputationRep:
    Put your alarm clock/ phone at the other end of the room. It will force you to get out of bed to turn it off.

Also, make sure you are getting at least eight hours of sleep a night. A possible reason why you find it so hard to get out of bed may be due to insufficient sleep.

ReputationRep:
    Open the curtains, pop your headphones in and listen to something upbeat. Should wake your brain up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by megitaaa)
    every morning before school I literally take half an hour just to get out of bed and it gives me like no time to get ready for school. Please give me advice on how to wake up and get out of bed in the morning!!
    Go to bed earlier.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeas.corpus)
    Put your alarm clock/ phone at the other end of the room. It will force you to get out of bed to turn it off.

Also, make sure you are getting at least eight hours of sleep a night. A possible reason why you find it so hard to get out of bed may be due to insufficient sleep.
    This. Also make sure it's a loud alarm. The more you want to destroy it, the better

ReputationRep:
    Set the alarm for half an hour before you actually need to get up to give you more time.

ReputationRep:
    Are you using any screens in the hour or so before going to bed? Or, even worse, do you check/use your phone whilst in bed, or pick it up whilst in bed if you get a notification of any sort? This can severely interfere with your sleep. Apart from that, the usual things of making sure you're getting enough sleep (i.e. going to bed early enough), getting into a routine where you go to bed and get up at the same time every day, making sure there isn't a load of light from devices/outside filtering into your bedroom etc - all this will help to sleep properly and make waking up easier.

ReputationRep:
    Saw the title and immediately thought "wAKE ME UP INSIDE"

In all seriousness, sleep early, drink water(this helps everything) set 50 alarms with your phone far away from you, and force your eyes to open!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.