Maaaths
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm choosing my A Levels and on my choices application I put down that I wanted to do Maths, Further Maths, Economics and Philosophy and Ethics.
However, I realised that further maths would be pointless for me to have since I'm thinking of doing an Economics degree.
Should I change further maths to sociology or would that weaken my choices since I'd only have one Facilitating Subject? I'm also worried that both Philosophy and Ethics and Sociology might be too "weak" for RG universities.
I'm considering maybe taking it for AS but then dropping it at A2?
I appreciate any help!
username2944572
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
For oxbridge and lse they like seeing further maths to AS level but its not a req

You need maths for economics
Why p&e? Nothing wrong with it but geog/history/science look better esp if you are applying to a top uni

You could do this: maths, further, eco and p&e
Drop further at a2
Maaaths
Rep:
?
(Original post by years101)
For oxbridge and lse they like seeing further maths to AS level but its not a req

You need maths for economics
Why p&e? Nothing wrong with it but geog/history/science look better esp if you are applying to a top uni

You could do this: maths, further, eco and p&e
Drop further at a2

I thought about doing FM to AS level but I just don't think it would be useful for an economics degree since FM is very abstract whereas economics is more applicable for real life. I don't know maybe that's nonsense but I just don't feel it would be good doing especially in addition to two other subjects that are already maths-y? I chose P&E because I wanted to have something interesting to do during A Levels that wouldn't put me at a disadvantage if it was the only "weak" A Level I chose (I don't see it as weak I know how difficult it is). Also it would help if I did decide to do the PPE degree I guess. Sorry for how long this is
Maaaths
Rep:
?
Anyone else have any suggestions?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    The Bar Series: Applications and Interviews - London Bloomsbury campus Postgraduate
    Thu, 17 Oct '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 19 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (141)
17.89%
It's just nice to be back! (213)
27.03%
Not great so far... (282)
35.79%
I want to drop out! (152)
19.29%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed