Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Am I fat? How much weight should I lose? Female/5'5 PHOTOS Watch

ReputationRep:
    I reckon you could go 5kg lower. If you went anymore, you would be getting too thin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChickenMadness)
    You look fine to me. The only thing that'l make you look better at this point (imo) is working out at a gym, to make your muscles more defined. That'l get rid of the 'chubby' look that you're referring to.

You can keep losing weight but without working out you'l just start going skeleton mode lol.
    I've heard this quite a lot, I do 3-5 days of weights, YouTube videos lifting 4-6kg as I'm weak. Can you recommend any routines? I never seem to build muscle even after 3 months, so I'm doing something wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sternumator)
    I reckon you could go 5kg lower. If you went anymore, you would be getting too thin.
    From now? Hmm thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhilipG1)
    As I've said before I don't believe you need to loose any weight, most guys would find you attractive, However, if you're self-conscious about how you look then you could try Intermittent Fasting which is what I'm doing atm to lose weight, it works quite fast though so be careful
    Is that fasting for 2 days?

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you're fat at all, maybe you could try toning to get a bit of definition?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by small.littlefish)
    Is that fasting for 2 days?
    Intermittent Fasting is where you have a 16 hour fasting window and a 7/8 hour eating window.

My eating window is 12-7pm. This is where I eat and take all my calories for the day, the rest of the time I don't eat, I only drink water. No calories allowed outside the eating window.

Most of the time you're fasting you would be asleep so it's not as hard as it sounds and of course, the smaller the eating window, the more weight you are gonna lose as the body can't take from the energy you've eaten and will take from fat stores instead.

ReputationRep:
    But pizza tastes so good.
    Spoiler:
    Show

JK-i've cut it out

Don't listen to anyone who tells you to cut out pizza. :tea:

Seriously though, you don't have to cut out pizza. Your appearance is healthy looking.

If you're worried about things like pizza, just eat it in moderation - not every day, maybe once or twice a week, if you really like pizza.

Aside from that, a balanced diet with plenty of fruit and veg.

If you're looking for a more defined body, then just get a few tips for workouts, stating your goals.

You're not a body builder. You don't make a living with your appearance (as far as we know). You don't have to make a huge effort and purify your diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shencha)
    I don't think you're fat at all, maybe you could try toning to get a bit of definition?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks. I really thought people would say I'm fat...! Good to know it's not that bad

ReputationRep:
    Not fat at all, if you want improvement you could tone up and work on your posture.

ReputationRep:
    I've heard this quite a lot, I do 3-5 days of weights, YouTube videos lifting 4-6kg as I'm weak. Can you recommend any routines? I never seem to build muscle even after 3 months, so I'm doing something wrong.
    What's your goal? To build large noticeable muscles or just tone up (becoming more defined - slim but firm)?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    What's your goal? To build large noticeable muscles or just tone up (becoming more defined - slim but firm)?
    She's female, the first option isn't avaliable for her without years of training and/or drugs.

OP - read the FAQ re a routine. It will help you with many of your questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    She's female, the first option isn't avaliable for her without years of training and/or drugs.

OP - read the FAQ re a routine. It will help you with many of your questions
    I'm aware she's female. I'm aware it'd be difficult for her to build large muscles.

If that's her goal, then we should be issuing proper advice in order to achieve it.

ReputationRep:
    From now? Hmm thanks
    Yeah. You are carrying very little fat on your legs and arms. It's mostly on your belly and boobs.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting, I'm exactly the same height and weight as you but we have completely different body shapes. All my extra weight sits on my thighs/bum/hips whereas yours seems to be settling round your middle. Wish there was a way of knowing what causes this - anyone any ideas? Is it that we're eating different foods?

I'm also looking to lose circumference round my thighs - not going too well so far! Even if I lose a couple of pounds it doesn't seem to make a visible difference.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm aware she's female. I'm aware it'd be difficult for her to build large muscles.

If that's her goal, then we should be issuing proper advice in order to achieve it.
    Agreed, hence why this is the THIRD time i've mentioned the FAQ which is sticked on the section.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dusky Mauve)
    All my extra weight sits on my thighs/bum/hips whereas yours seems to be settling round your middle. Wish there was a way of knowing what causes this - anyone any ideas? Is it that we're eating different foods?
    Genetics.

ReputationRep:
    The power of instagram etc.

I'd say even 15 years ago, long before people had become accustomed to photoshopped distorted images of what a woman 'should' look like, the concept that you were 'fat' from those photos would be laughable.

You're not 'fat' in any way. You have two X chromosomes, so you have some squidge. This is a good thing...
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5'5 9 st 13lbs .... I think i'm pretty fat/chubby so would like to lose weight... At
    which weight do I look best? Or none ! How much weight should I lose - best
    methods?

I'm not being vain/fishing for compliments, just need some motivation to get going !!
    http://i68.tinypic.com/2eb70gn.jpg

your not fat or very chubby (your a tiny bit chubby if im completely honest).

assuming you are a british caucasian with no implants or amputations your ideal bodyweight should be about 56kg or about 8 stone 10. before losing weight, you should consider other factors such as bone density (there is such a thing as heavy boned) , fat distribution (if you lose fat distribution, it will affect all areas of your body instead of just your stomach), metabolic actiity (unless you have high cholesterol, blood pressure, heart rate, blood sugar and other factors, its not worth losing too much weight) and how healthy you are.

at the end of the day, its your choice to as to how much weight you want to lose (healthy weight loss from where you are, assuming all factors are normal, should be 8kg in 8-16 weeks at a weight loss rate of 0.5-1kg/week).

some additional advice: all these supplements and crash diets are non-sustainable weightloss and laxatives are a no go. you should try adjusting exercise and diet for best results, and preferably do activity in a cold environment (exercise in 4 degrees lower than normal results in an additional 200 calories burnt a week). above all stay hydrated.

best of luck
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually looking for some advice too - where can I find info on routines?
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3014757

There are examples in there.

If you have any questions after reading that fire away.

Angry cucumber knows more than me about routines so he can advise i'm sure.

He did say he'd clean this thread up anyway.... (nudge nudge Cucumber)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Unistudent77)
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=3014757

There are examples in there.

If you have any questions after reading that fire away.

Angry cucumber knows more than me about routines so he can advise i'm sure.

He did say he'd clean this thread up anyway.... (nudge nudge Cucumber)
    I was really just being an ass because you said you'd posted the link to FAQ on routines 3 times already.

I don't need help. :tea:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.