Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter


    I would like to find out if it is possible to relocate to the USA once finishing the Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery (MBBS) in the UK.

    I am aware you have to pass USMLE, but these are not the only questions I have in mind...

    How do you apply for a green card in the USA and how long does this take? Also, how can you rent/find a place to live in the USA?

    The course is preferably neurosurgery/orthopaedic surgery... does anyone know the cost of this? As I think in America, there are no FY1 and FY2, just residency?

    Also, I think LA, California or New York would be the area to relocate...

    I would also like to ask what would happen to the UK Driving Licence once reaching the USA?

    Any useful help would be very helpful, as I am slightly confused onto how to carry out the process... I don't think it's just the medicine degree in U.S., but also relocating in the U.S, in terms of expenses, healthcare, lifestyle, how long it takes to obtain citizenship (I think 5 years), living, general rules etc.

    Thank you
Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 24, 2017
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.