Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    what are the the gcse courses I have to study to apply for architecture
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by ntym03)
    what are the the gcse courses I have to study to apply for architecture
    There are no required subjects for architecture at A level - so you can follow your interests to a large extent at GCSE. Most degrees will ask for a minimum grade C (or 4/5) in Maths and English GCSE but other than that you can really follow your own interests.

    One requirement of all courses is a portfolio of work - so if you can study Art GCSE then that will be helpful to practice and improve on your drawing abilities. But it's perfectly possible to develop your drawing and portfolio in your own free time (or through evening classes) if Art GCSE isn't available to you or you're not keen on studying it.

    There are a small minority of universities that ask for or encourage maths/physics at A level. There's only 2 that I'm aware of in the entire UK so if maths/science isn't something you enjoy or feel you can do well with then don't commit to taking extra science or maths GCSEs...basically if it's something you enjoy then follow that interest but if not then focusing your efforts and time on other subjects is fine too.
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources

Study tools


Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.


Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.


Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.


Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.