Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello all,

I think I had my growth spurt when I was 14 I went from around 5'1 to 5'5. I'm 16 now and I am 5'7. Am I short for a male? Also, can I have another growth spurt because my dad said that he was shorter than me when he was my age and he grew the most after 16? My dad is 5'9 and a 1/2 btw .and my mum is 5'2

ReputationRep:
    How tall is your mom?
    And no, you usually have one growth spurt at the ages of 13-15. You'll most likely continue to grow an inch every year till 18-20 or so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carthaginian)
    How tall is your mom?
    And no, you usually have one growth spurt at the ages of 13-15. You'll most likely continue to grow an inch every year till 18-20 or so.
    My mum is around 5'2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K78)
    My mum is around 5'2
    ALso could I grow taller than my dad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K78)
    My mum is around 5'2
    Your dad is average height, you mom isn't. You'll probably reach 5'10 if lucky.
    But then again, you could reach 6'2, it's different for everyone. I'm 16 and 5'11, and I haven't grown in like a year, so this is probably it for me, or I think I stunted my grwoth. But meh.

ReputationRep:
    Your dad is average height, you mom isn't. You'll probably reach 5'10 if lucky.
    But then again, you could reach 6'2, it's different for everyone. I'm 16 and 5'11, and I haven't grown in like a year, so this is probably it for me, or I think I stunted my grwoth. But meh.
    Haha thanks mate👍. What do you think you've done to stunt your growth just so I can avoid a few things?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by K78)
    Haha thanks mate👍. What do you think you've done to stunt your growth just so I can avoid a few things?
    Maybe me not getting enough sleep, using too much protein and lifting weights incorrectly.

ReputationRep:
    How tall is your mom?
    not true ...I'm a girl and at age 10 i went from 5ft5 - 5ft7
    by the time I was 16 I grew to 5ft 9 ish and suddenly I noticed I had grown and I'm 5ft 11 age 17 and I swear this happened over christmas. Everyone noticed

ReputationRep:
    Maybe me not getting enough sleep, using too much protein and lifting weights incorrectly.
    Okay and I've heard that HGH can have a lot of side effects so stay safe 😆

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicilaw)
    not true ...I'm a girl and at age 10 i went from 5ft5 - 5ft7
    by the time I was 16 I grew to 5ft 9 ish and suddenly I noticed I had grown and I'm 5ft 11 age 17 and I swear this happened over christmas. Everyone noticed
    This is commonly for males, and like I said, it's different for everyone.
    I presume your parents are pretty tall?

ReputationRep:
    This is commonly for males, and like I said, it's different for everyone.
    I presume your parents are pretty tall?
    no it's weird they're both 5ft5

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably be around 5 ft 8 and a half unless you have a late spurt. Im 18 almost 19, I'm 6 ft 1 now and at 16 I was 6ft.

It's different for everyone though!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.