(Original post by LisaNikita)
    don't quote me

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A-LJLB)
    :rofl:
    SAVAGE 👌🏼👌🏾

ReputationRep:
    There are so many horribly wrong things with this thread and none of them have to do with the OP's initial issue. (which, if their summary of the email is accurate, is in fact not an issue at all - professionalism or otherwise) Especially from some that should know better.

There has been issues of bullying, ill-formed sniping and just some basic serious bad advice.

Except these, which were about the only good things to come out of this:

(Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Assuming this as real, I've some sympathy for the OP. In underslept disappointment I've written some frankly mortifying Emails; these more usually to recently ex-partners than to admissions tutors, but still. And you'd think Cambridge, or anywhere, would have the sense to parse "I hope you'll live to regret this" as suggesting only the lad's determination to prove them wrong in their decision.

Good luck to you pal.
    (Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
    I feel sorry for you as I too have made many mistakes "in the heat of the moment", just one of those things lol

Just write a genuine letter and see what they say, im very surprised Cambridge even bothered to write to your head of sixth as I am sure they can spend their time more wisely.

ReputationRep:
    I think there are better ways you could have voiced your disappointment. Maybe saying "Even though I have been rejected by the top University in the country, I am still determined to become a Doctor. Thank you for your time.". This little stunt might have just cost you your entire future career and you should now do your best to apologise to everyone who knows about it before it escalates even more.

(If troll post, ignore the above)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Craghyrax)
    First of all, home applicants and international applicants don't compete for places. UK Universities have separate quotas and arrangements for how many places they give to the two categories. Cambridge and Oxford don't have to choose between the so called underprivileged privately schooled kids from foreign countries and state school home applicants.
    As far as I'm aware, this applies only to Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. For all the other courses applicants are competing against the entire field.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    As far as I'm aware, this applies only to Medicine and Veterinary Medicine. For all the other courses applicants are competing against the entire field.
    I think it might have changed recently actually. A lot has changed since they lifted the cap for home students. International students are still in the minority though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinatraa)
    If any oxbridge people are looking here btw she's already said she's in yr 10 and I can assure you that her arrogance and self superiority is not something a top uni would want.
    Oh, trust me, you find a lot of them at Oxbridge :lol:
    • Political Ambassador

Wow this girl actually argues with every single person on TSR, on every thread. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naruke)
    Oh, trust me, you find a lot of them at Oxbridge :lol:
    Why?

ReputationRep:
    Damn OP was salty af

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Wow this girl actually argues with every single person on TSR, on every thread. :rolleyes:
    I thought I was the only one who noticed , she is on every frigging post , usually arguing and making invalid or controversary reponses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ShikaMekiFuka)
    I thought I was the only one who noticed , she is on every frigging post , usually arguing and making invalid or controversary reponses
    Perhaps ISA is back :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    Why?
    Because Ima ****ing boss
    • Political Ambassador

I actually thought she was a troll, but apparently all her nonsense is genuine which makes it even worse.

ReputationRep:
    whatever... its 1 am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I actually thought she was a troll, but apparently all her nonsense is genuine which makes it even worse.
    True

ReputationRep:
    Came here for the lols, stayed for the bants. Keep it going guys, I've got an essay due soon and this ****storm of a thread is getting me through it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misteltain)
    Came here for the lols, stayed for the bants. Keep it going guys, I've got an essay due soon and this ****storm of a thread is getting me through it
    ill do my best daddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LisaNikita)
    ill do my best daddy
    :diep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by answermenow)

Need an urgent good apology letter or my life is OVER!!!
    check your PMs.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.