The Student Room Group

EMERGENCY:Wrote an e-mail to Cambridge which they found 'threatening', BIG trouble...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cambio wechsel

Very good cambio, but imo the xplanation for the live to regret thing sounds disingenuous and as a result treats them like idiots. Id have to see the full e-mail first. It probably reads nothing like the style of his first e-mail either.
(edited 7 years ago)
I'm genuinely shocked? How did Cambridge admission team find the time to read their emails!?? They must get thousands from international students asking to video call etc
Original post by 999tigger
Very good cambio, but imo the xplanation for the live to regret thing sounds disingenuous and as a result treats them like idiots. Id have to see the full e-mail first. It probably reads nothing like the style of his first e-mail either.

at other people's suggestion I have deleted that post that you have now quoted. You're right of course that the writing style is likely to be different but I had posted it as a model rather than as a message that he might have cut and paste.

With regard to the explanation for "I hope you'll live to regret this" being disingenuous, I can't imagine what else might have informed it but the want to suggest that their decision will prove to have been a mistake. Plainly he is not threatening to have a wee in the fellows' garden or give someone's book on Etrsucan pottery a withering Amazon review.
Original post by cambio wechsel
at other people's suggestion I have deleted that post that you have now quoted. You're right of course that the writing style is likely to be different but I had posted it as a model rather than as a message that he might have cut and paste.

With regard to the explanation for "I hope you'll live to regret this" being disingenuous, I can't imagine what else might have informed it but the want to suggest that their decision will prove to have been a mistake. Plainly he is not threatening to have a wee in the fellows' garden or give someone's book on Etrsucan pottery a withering Amazon review.

I will delete likewise. Bit overcautious imo. My interpretation was just a scope for a little bit of petulance and anger. Howling in the wind, but he makes himself look a tit imo. I'd have to see what was sent. The other version of rejecting a genius student doesn't wash imo. I doubt there are many students it regrets rejecting. That's why I would own up rather than suggest a misinterpretation that I have a hunch isnt there. If the OPs post is true it would be my suspicion that this ot up their noses as crossing the line.

V good model answer though.
Original post by 999tigger
I will delete likewise. Bit overcautious imo.

I think so too. Still the middle pages of this thread rather encourage paranoia, oh dear.
If you'd said ' Thank you for your feedback, however I hope to prove you wrong someday ' I think that would have been okay, and would show you're not losing confidence and would keep trying.

'Live to regret' is a whole other kettle of fish. It is quite threatening... It

If you just explained you used to wrong phrase, and it came out a lot harsher than you intended.

I'm sorry! But do think carefully next time about what you're saying.
Original post by JickDee
its majority state-funded though

Ah yes you're correct! I'll edit my post. Tks.

Ofsted Report:
http://fluencycontent-schoolwebsite.netdna-ssl.com/FileCluster/stangelas/MainFolder/Downloads/Ofsted-Report/Ofsted-Report-March-2009.pdf

Type of School: Comprehensive
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kyou
So you're in year 12, you haven't even got your grades yet let alone even applied for either uni and yet you were previously talking about how it'll be easy for you and your privately-educated buddies to get in? Looks like in addition to your insecurity about your skin colour, you also suffer from a superiority complex.

In another thread she said she was in year 10. Prob a troll account.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending