Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Still haven't heard back guys. I gave them a call a few weeks back and they said they got a larger amount than usual of applicants this year, so it's taking a little bit longer to sort through things. Kinda giving up hope now but we'll see what happens haha.

ReputationRep:
    Hi all! I'm not doing art, but I have confirmed my place at Kingston University to study Journalism. So if anyone is going there/considering there, feel free to message me! Would be nice to know some people before freshers week! Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back, or do interviews! Also if anyone is curious - Kingston do have some art videos up on their Youtube channel. Be sure to check them out, I was bored and was just watching their other videos and it seems some of their art ones do talk about how to prepare for your interview, what they'll ask etc; This is a really good one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJm8FDqFhO0

((Posted this on the Foundation forum, but thought I might as well post it here as well, cause there's not many active Kingston threads!))

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darunis)
    Still haven't heard back guys. I gave them a call a few weeks back and they said they got a larger amount than usual of applicants this year, so it's taking a little bit longer to sort through things. Kinda giving up hope now but we'll see what happens haha.
    Yeah I haven't heard back either! I know a few people who heard back a couple weeks ago all of them didn't get in

Glad I'm not the only one who hasn't heard back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaCx)
    Hi all! I'm not doing art, but I have confirmed my place at Kingston University to study Journalism. So if anyone is going there/considering there, feel free to message me! Would be nice to know some people before freshers week! Good luck to anyone still waiting to hear back, or do interviews! Also if anyone is curious - Kingston do have some art videos up on their Youtube channel. Be sure to check them out, I was bored and was just watching their other videos and it seems some of their art ones do talk about how to prepare for your interview, what they'll ask etc; This is a really good one - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJm8FDqFhO0

((Posted this on the Foundation forum, but thought I might as well post it here as well, cause there's not many active Kingston threads!))
    Awww nice! Are you local or are you going to stay in halls/accomidation?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jemma12)
    Awww nice! Are you local or are you going to stay in halls/accomidation?
    Ah no, not local - coming through from Scotland actually! Hopefully getting into halls. What are your plans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klaudia.p)
    That's bad
    Me too... maybe they have many applicants this year, but still it's almost a month
    At my interview they said they had over 1300 applicants... so im sure its taking a long time to get through them all

ReputationRep:
    Is it weird that i didnt send an online portfolio and they still ended up giving me an interview

ReputationRep:
    i was interviewed on 13 february for fine art and it wasn't a group interview for me, 6 different interviews were done at once on different tables so it's a lil distracting because you can hear everyone else talking. i was interviewed by one lecturer and one student who were both friendly, they treated me as an individual and were very encouraging about my work, even suggested exhibitions for me to visit. i got an offer the following day which was very lucky because it can take ages, apparently there are 70-90 people in each year group on the fine art course so literally there's no reason to worry if they take awhile to get back to you, there are a lot of applicants but it's a huge course! they don't reject a lot of people due to lack of space i imagine most interviews (but not all) are probaby finished by now but just wanted to share my experience for future applicants, you'll all be fine and the lecturers are so friendly and enthusiastic! i took two sketchbooks, around 9 pages of photography and two time-based pieces which they watched on a laptop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mistermaple)
    Is it weird that i didnt send an online portfolio and they still ended up giving me an interview
    that happened to my boyfriend with the filmmaking course ahaha, weird but lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GemmaLouisa)
    At my interview they said they had over 1300 applicants... so im sure its taking a long time to get through them all
    Is this for Illustration & Animation? That's huge...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by darunis)
    Is this for Illustration & Animation? That's huge...
    No, that's for the foundation course

ReputationRep:
    still waiting to hear for illustration&animation! little bit frustrating now, feel like i'm going to miss out on accomodation at this rate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elestras)
    still waiting to hear for illustration&animation! little bit frustrating now, feel like i'm going to miss out on accomodation at this rate
    Hope you've heard by now with good news! I got a response today - conditional offer at 11am!! It's been a journey!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.