Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Well yeah...but I still got an offer :lol:
    LOL! Tourism?? Did u just pick one subject at random or sth?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cheryl____C)
    LOL! Tourism?? Did u just pick one subject at random or sth?
    Pretty much yeah hahaha, I was gonna put down Fashion or something but I decided against it

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much yeah hahaha, I was gonna put down Fashion or something but I decided against it
    you could say that was an unfashionable decision.........

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elliekmorgan62)
    Just received feedback from Pembroke, they told me that my results for the NSAA were below average and that while my chemistry (first) interview was strong, I was weaker in the physics-based (second) interview, which is weird because I remembered it the other way around.
    I found the NSAA paper really hard, nothing like the specimen that I'd practised with, or the BMAT papers I'd used as substitute past papers.
    I think from what they told me, I won't reapply since I don't want to bank on improving my NSAA score this year enough so that I'll be offered a place this time. At least the feedback affirms that Chemistry is my strength, so maybe it's better that I concentrate on chemistry in Imperial.
    I applied for Biological Natural Sciences at a different college and got rejected for pretty much the same reason. I received feedback today that my interviews were strong and my biology on the NSAA was strong but that due to being below average on the other sections of the NSAA I was rejected. I don't know whether to reapply next year, although i don't much like the idea of a gap year, i felt exactly the same about the NSAA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student207)
    I applied for Biological Natural Sciences at a different college and got rejected for pretty much the same reason. I received feedback today that my interviews were strong and my biology on the NSAA was strong but that due to being below average on the other sections of the NSAA I was rejected. I don't know whether to reapply next year, although i don't much like the idea of a gap year, i felt exactly the same about the NSAA.
    Where else do you have offers from? I feel the same as you, a gap year is really not what I want to be doing, so unless I get stellar grades this summer then theres no way I'm going to risk reapplying to Cam.

ReputationRep:
    Where else do you have offers from? I feel the same as you, a gap year is really not what I want to be doing, so unless I get stellar grades this summer then theres no way I'm going to risk reapplying to Cam.
    I got offers from Lancaster, UEA, Leeds and Nottingham for natural sciences, I'm thinking of firming Lancaster at the moment pending what I think on the applicant day- what about you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student207)
    I got offers from Lancaster, UEA, Leeds and Nottingham for natural sciences, I'm thinking of firming Lancaster at the moment pending what I think on the applicant day- what about you?
    I had offers from Imperial, Durham, Manchester and Warwick to study Chemistry. I chose Imperial as my firm and Durham as my insurance last week, although if I do really well in my exams then I might not go to Imperial and reapply to Cambridge instead.

ReputationRep:
    I was recently rejected from Cambridge University after applying to study Physical Natural Sciences at Pembroke College. I was invited to interview in early December, and I thought that my first interview was decent-ish and that the second one went really well. Just after my Cambridge interviews, I had an interview at Imperial to study Chemistry and was subsequently given an offer of A*AA. I thought that my Imperial interview was of the same standard as my second Cambridge interview, and in the email from Imperial that outlined my offer, they described my interview performance as "exceptional". Essentially, my issue is this: Do I defer a year and reapply to both Cambridge and Imperial this Autumn in the hope that I do get into Cambridge second time round, OR do I simply go to Imperial in October (assuming I meet the terms of my offer)? Would I be settling for Imperial when I do have a very good shot at Cambridge, or is Imperial almost/just as good as Cambridge and therefore there is no reason to reapply when I have been accepted into another prestigious university?

For a little assistance, here are the bare bones of my application:
    School Type - Private
    GCSE Grades - 11A*s plus Distinction in Additional Maths
    AS Level Grades - AAAA in Chemistry, Maths, Physics and Geography (UMS Average of 94 in 3 most relevant subjects)
    A Level Predictions - A*A*A*A* in Chemistry, Maths, Further Maths, Physics
    I also did a 5 week Nuffield Placement over the summer, as well as attending the Corpus Christi Women in STEM course and the Headstart Science course in Edinburgh.

Sorry for such a long post, would be grateful for any advice!
    Let's do some mathematical modelling and create what-if scenarios.

Go back in time to when you were making your applications.

Were you adamant that you had to go to Cambridge and nowhere else? If so, you could have (though I certainly wouldn't recommend it) just put down Cambridge and left the other options bank.

Since you didn't do that, there was a probability in your mind, for whatever reason, that you were going to end up elsewhere.

Now that you have your offers, there is only really ONE solution:

Firm and insure two institutions then wait for your results.

If you do really well (AND still want to go to Cambridge), you could take a gap year and reapply.

If you really well (BUT have reservations about Cambridge), take the offer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.